Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4241 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,078 posts

    Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:57 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2mckee
    Thanks for the tip! Contacted him and he is going to do my hair and makeup!

    I was told that he could come up to the room 3 hours before without paying a vendor fee! YAY-
    That's great news but what about day pass? Do we have to pay anything for a makeup artist to come to the room?

    #4242 jesmcan

    jesmcan
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,091 posts

      Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by 2mckee
      Thanks for the tip! Contacted him and he is going to do my hair and makeup!

      I was told that he could come up to the room 3 hours before without paying a vendor fee! YAY-
      Omg that is great news! I hope the same applies for me but with my luck probably not lol
      The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

      #4243 bridetobe1515

      bridetobe1515
      • Jr. Member
      • 233 posts

        Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

        I'm starting to get really nervous. I leave in 19 days for my wedding and I still have not heard anything from Zulma since I sent in my checklist. She asked for it 30 days out, so that is when I gave it to her. I sent it with questions I still had about the wedding. I need to book out all the hair appointments, etc. too. I don't really know what to do, but I am starting to panic for the first time in this whole process

        Have any of you other ladies that have weddings coming up been able to get a hold of your WC at the resort?

        #4244 Lady_Di

        Lady_Di
        • Sr. Member
        • 5,078 posts

          Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
          I'm starting to get really nervous. I leave in 19 days for my wedding and I still have not heard anything from Zulma since I sent in my checklist. She asked for it 30 days out, so that is when I gave it to her. I sent it with questions I still had about the wedding. I need to book out all the hair appointments, etc. too. I don't really know what to do, but I am starting to panic for the first time in this whole process

          Have any of you other ladies that have weddings coming up been able to get a hold of your WC at the resort?
          Julie said they will contact you 2 weeks before so wait until 14 days. Although, you could call the spa yourself and book appointments.

          Maybe you post the questions and we have answers!

          #4245 dianep

          dianep
          • Member
          • 532 posts

            Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
            I'm starting to get really nervous. I leave in 19 days for my wedding and I still have not heard anything from Zulma since I sent in my checklist. She asked for it 30 days out, so that is when I gave it to her. I sent it with questions I still had about the wedding. I need to book out all the hair appointments, etc. too. I don't really know what to do, but I am starting to panic for the first time in this whole process

            Have any of you other ladies that have weddings coming up been able to get a hold of your WC at the resort?
            i'm still having major issues too. my michigan WC finally sent my final payment invoice last monday night. i sent it back to her first thing tuesday morning with corrections (surprise - it was all wrong!) and have not heard back from her yet, despite another e-mail i sent on monday of this week. this is ridiculous! can't WAIT to be in touch with the mexico coordinators and wash my hands of the michigan office.
            http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
            and happily ever after begins...


            wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

            #4246 beachbum1285

            beachbum1285
            • Newbie
            • 110 posts

              Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by 2mckee
              Thanks for the tip! Contacted him and he is going to do my hair and makeup!

              I was told that he could come up to the room 3 hours before without paying a vendor fee! YAY-

              My ONSITE coordinator is telling me I still have to pay for this. Grrr!! Did a Michigan WC tell you you didn't have to pay?

              I may just have to ask her about this again.
              ~Stacy

              #4247 beachbum1285

              beachbum1285
              • Newbie
              • 110 posts

                Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                Awesome! That would work great! You get the Trio for 1 hour so it would be perfect to do during the cocktail hour and not have to worry about a playlist, plus it would be entertaining for the guests...

                I have a video person too, I don't want to use either for the package because I am worried they will interfere with my "better" vendors, ugh.. I hate the wasted stuff! Like I don't think we are doing the face saver thing for FI either, I heard they suck and FI is scared they will cut him too! lol Oh well!



                Just curious when people are opting to do their couples massages and mani-pedi and private beach dinners (if you have the lux package)... I am thinking the dinner after the wedding sometime during the week...
                FI didn't even want to do the faceshaver. He didn't want anyone near his face whether they do a good job or not LOL.

                We're doing the couple's massage the day before the wedding to just relax but early in the day and then romantic dinner the last night we're there as a bon voyage type deal.
                ~Stacy

                #4248 dianep

                dianep
                • Member
                • 532 posts

                  Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:06 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by beachbum1285
                  FI didn't even want to do the faceshaver. He didn't want anyone near his face whether they do a good job or not LOL.

                  We're doing the couple's massage the day before the wedding to just relax but early in the day and then romantic dinner the last night we're there as a bon voyage type deal.
                  i think i've read about one or two grooms who were nicked during their face saver treatment... yikes! nothing like a good cut in the chin or neck to enhance those wedding pics! likely a good choice to avoid that! a massage, on the other hand, sounds heavenly!
                  http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                  and happily ever after begins...


                  wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

                  #4249 Lisa DSO

                  Lisa DSO
                  • Member
                  • 712 posts

                    Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                    So you are going now and then going back for your wedding in 2 months? Wow!! :)


                    I need to get my final stuff in and I am so frazzled!

                    So does anyone know- Can the Mexican Trio be used during the Cocktail hour or does it have to be during the reception?

                    Also, does the solo musican have to be duing the ceremony or can it be used during the reception?

                    Anyone have the Lux package which includes photo and video, are you going to still use this so it isn't wasted, even if you hired outside vendors?
                    I think I may still use the photographer, but tell him to focus only on guests and family, and have MY photographer focus mainly on us....still undecided

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                    Awesome! That would work great! You get the Trio for 1 hour so it would be perfect to do during the cocktail hour and not have to worry about a playlist, plus it would be entertaining for the guests...

                    I have a video person too, I don't want to use either for the package because I am worried they will interfere with my "better" vendors, ugh.. I hate the wasted stuff! Like I don't think we are doing the face saver thing for FI either, I heard they suck and FI is scared they will cut him too! lol Oh well!



                    Just curious when people are opting to do their couples massages and mani-pedi and private beach dinners (if you have the lux package)... I am thinking the dinner after the wedding sometime during the week...
                    LOL my FI is gonna decline on it, too

                    #4250 ~Stephanie~

                    ~Stephanie~
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 3,347 posts

                      Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
                      I'm starting to get really nervous. I leave in 19 days for my wedding and I still have not heard anything from Zulma since I sent in my checklist. She asked for it 30 days out, so that is when I gave it to her. I sent it with questions I still had about the wedding. I need to book out all the hair appointments, etc. too. I don't really know what to do, but I am starting to panic for the first time in this whole process

                      Have any of you other ladies that have weddings coming up been able to get a hold of your WC at the resort?
                      I know everyone keeps saying they don't get a on site coordinator until weeks before but I am an exception I guess, I have been working only with Zulma since the beginning.... We started in MI but when we had problems with them right away my TA contacted Zulma directly and she said she would just take care of me... SO. Zulma is really good, some delay but so sweet and really wonderful. When she takes more than a few days to respond to me I usually send a followup email, being nice but letting her know that I am worried and need a response. She is super busy. I think you should go ahead and follow up, I would.

                      By the way, she told me 30 days too but I am trying to get mine to her this week. I just don't want to worry about delays because I am sure there will be some.
                      ~Stephanie

                      Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter