Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4091 jesmcan

jesmcan
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by speedy130
    Hi ladies,

I have reserved the gazebo for my wedding, and then the gazebo terrace for the reception. Does anyone have pics of the terrace? I am having second thoughts. Perhaps the garden would be better. My FI doesn't want to do the beach, so thats out. Any thoughts, pros and cons, to the locations? Any help from the ladies who did site visits would be great!!!

Also, does anyone know the max number of people that can sit inside the gazebo comfortably?

Thanks for the help! I tried to email the WC in michigan but you know how that goes...
    Hi Speedy,

How many people are you having? I do have pics but I can't load them right now since I am at work I will uplaod them tomorrow morning.

I think the terrace is a really nice spot, where are you doing your ceremony?

If you go with the garden I would go with the garden by the gazebo because it is more private. The other one is right in the middle of the resort and all the guests have to walk by to get to the restaurants and the pool and beach.

Depending on how many guests you have I think the terrace is a great choice. Plus you can wear heels because in the garden you def have to do flats or wedge (you will sink right into the ground)
    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#4092 2mckee

2mckee
    • 96 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lady_Di
      I guess I am one of few that will have the ceremony on the beach. I stopped caring about onlookers...it is a beach wedding so I'm just going to go with the flow. As long there aren't no nude women sunbathing then I'm good!

Wow, I have swamped this past week, so havent been able to to check in.
      LadyDi, we are on the beach as well, with the cocktail hour on the beach. We are having our reception on the gazebo terrace so we still have an ocean view, but easier to walk/ dance, etc.

#4093 speedy130

speedy130
      • 102 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jesmcan
        Hi Speedy,

How many people are you having? I do have pics but I can't load them right now since I am at work I will uplaod them tomorrow morning.

I think the terrace is a really nice spot, where are you doing your ceremony?

If you go with the garden I would go with the garden by the gazebo because it is more private. The other one is right in the middle of the resort and all the guests have to walk by to get to the restaurants and the pool and beach.

Depending on how many guests you have I think the terrace is a great choice. Plus you can wear heels because in the garden you def have to do flats or wedge (you will sink right into the ground)
        Thanks for the advice! The pics would be great, I'll check back tomorrow. We are having around 35, at most 40. Would the terrace work for that size group?

#4094 jesmcan

jesmcan
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by speedy130
          Thanks for the advice! The pics would be great, I'll check back tomorrow. We are having around 35, at most 40. Would the terrace work for that size group?
          Oh ya that would def work! that size is perfect. It is 7 to a table at most you can do 8 but after that I gets really tight. So you would have 6 tables. I think you will really like that spot. Everything is lit up and you could save some money and use the actualy gazebo as the dance floor! You will have the ocean view as well.
          The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#4095 jplovesme

jplovesme
          • 385 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

I just got the updated price list from my WC, and there is a $350 vendor fee listed on there. Just FYI. Maybe you can arrange something with your contract to exclude that fee, especially if u are ordering the luxury package or something

#4096 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
            • 5,078 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jplovesme
              I just got the updated price list from my WC, and there is a $350 vendor fee listed on there. Just FYI. Maybe you can arrange something with your contract to exclude that fee, especially if u are ordering the luxury package or something
              You can't exclude the vendor fees if you're bringing in someone else outside of the resort.

#4097 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
              • 277 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by dianep
                ok, thanks for the info. and i can certainly understand the hassle if you do get stopped.

personally, i think i'll risk it or maybe just take a picture of the receipt with my phone so i'll always have it with me if i need it. i definitely want to have my rings with me for my wedding/honeymoon!
                I just came back from The Royal 2 days ago and traveled with my ring. You don't have to do anything with customs regarding it.

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#4098 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
                • 277 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:15 PM

I meant geting mugged or something haha..f.amily people were freaking me out :)
                  Don't worry about getting mugged or your ring stolen. I just got back from site visit and never once did I feel unsafe. I actaully felt safer there then in Chicago, lol.

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#4099 msglave

msglave
                  • 933 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011

Don't worry about getting mugged or your ring stolen. I just got back from site visit and never once did I feel unsafe. I actaully felt safer there then in Chicago, lol.
                    I know that's right. The news here is so depressing!!! How did your site visit go?
                    The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                    Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                    www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#4100 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
                    • 372 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:39 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
                      I'm so glad this worked out for you. I went through the same stress of changing mine from Jan 1 and I'm so relieved, I'm sure you are as well (now that it is done).
                      Well I asked Carole to confirm 12/2 was available on Tuesday, she said it was. I'm yet to hear back from her that she booked me for that day. I've sent 2 emails and left a phone message.

After all of this I just want to confirm that date so I can re book everyone! At this point I'm scared to re book until she says. I keep telling myself go ahead and re book everyone because she said it was available on Tuesday...and they do multiple weddings on the same day so I'm sure we're fine. But my maid of honor plans to come in the day before the wedding, and another bridesmaid plans to leave the day after the wedding...so I can't change the date again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter