Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4071 msglave

msglave
  • 933 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lady_Di
    Its just frustrating. We are the ones that are bringing business to the resort. Stupid!!

We are paying him $1,200 for everything plus $100 vendor fee. You are booking through him and don't have to pay the vendor fee? Sorry, i'm so confused!

I agree! I was so pissed yesterday, lol! You just answered a question I had-Thanks! When we first started looking, we saw the $1200 price and my FI said-"How is the DJ only $850 now? I thought it was $1200." That must have included the floor. Now I see why the difference in price. It is no longer a package, it is separate so they can make more $.

Let me try to unconfuse you. Note: this is all my opinion.

If you booked through Ivan before December, you got his rate (which is cheaper)-this is probably before he became one of the house DJs. Because of this, you have to pay the vendor's fee because he was an outside vendor and the resort didn't get anything.

With the new price list, the fees are more expensive because he is one of the house DJs and The Royal gets a cut off the top. I asked Ivan about a discount on the floor and he said he can not make a discount because The Royal sets the price. So this makes me believe that the prices are set by him and The Royal. Because of this, the prices have gone up. I'm paying $1600 or $1650.

In short, because you booked him directly (when he was an outside vendor and before the policy change), the resort got nothing so they charge you a vendor's fee.

Because I am booking him after the change (after he became one of their vendors) the resort gets the money off the top and I have no fee.

The point: The old contract (that you have) is better. If you go under the new contract (which I have) you will not have to pay a vendor's fee to book him but you will have to pay the increased price.

An example of this would be if you book Elizabeth Medina for your photographer, you pay an vendor's fee for her. If she becomes the official photographer for The Royal instead of Funever, you won't pay a fee for her. Now, add to that: Once she becomes the official photographer, her prices go up (and she and The Royal get more $ from you).

Does this help?

The moral of the story is: The Royal is always going to get their money!
    The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
    Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
    www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#4072 dianep

dianep
    • 532 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

lady di-
      thanks for the link! i just bought some orange chair sashes. yay!
      http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
      and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4073 dianep

dianep
      • 532 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

does anyone know how many yards of fabric is needed to add a splash of color (in combo with their white) on the chuppah?

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4074 LynnieS

LynnieS
        • 319 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by beachbum1285
          For my OOT bags, I figured once those individual people get there, then we'll give them their bag at that time. I have so many people coming at staggered times and days, and there's no way I'm paying $5 for them to give a bag that I can do myself. My fiance and I were thinking we could play like dumb big kids and leave it at their door, knock, and run real fast. Dumb, by fun. :)
          haha!! that sounds like fun, and a really good idea! Might steal this from ya
          yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#4075 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
          • 5,078 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by msglave
            I agree! I was so pissed yesterday, lol! You just answered a question I had-Thanks! When we first started looking, we saw the $1200 price and my FI said-"How is the DJ only $850 now? I thought it was $1200." That must have included the floor. Now I see why the difference in price. It is no longer a package, it is separate so they can make more $.

Let me try to unconfuse you. Note: this is all my opinion.

If you booked through Ivan before December, you got his rate (which is cheaper)-this is probably before he became one of the house DJs. Because of this, you have to pay the vendor's fee because he was an outside vendor and the resort didn't get anything.

With the new price list, the fees are more expensive because he is one of the house DJs and The Royal gets a cut off the top. I asked Ivan about a discount on the floor and he said he can not make a discount because The Royal sets the price. So this makes me believe that the prices are set by him and The Royal. Because of this, the prices have gone up. I'm paying $1600 or $1650.

In short, because you booked him directly (when he was an outside vendor and before the policy change), the resort got nothing so they charge you a vendor's fee.

Because I am booking him after the change (after he became one of their vendors) the resort gets the money off the top and I have no fee.

The point: The old contract (that you have) is better. If you go under the new contract (which I have) you will not have to pay a vendor's fee to book him but you will have to pay the increased price.

An example of this would be if you book Elizabeth Medina for your photographer, you pay an vendor's fee for her. If she becomes the official photographer for The Royal instead of Funever, you won't pay a fee for her. Now, add to that: Once she becomes the official photographer, her prices go up (and she and The Royal get more $ from you).

Does this help?

Yes, that helps a lot!!! Thank you for clearing it up. We booked him in November so this all makes sense. AHhhhhh!!

#4076 beachbum1285

beachbum1285
            • 110 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:38 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dianep
              does anyone know how many yards of fabric is needed to add a splash of color (in combo with their white) on the chuppah?
              I would like to know this as well!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LynnieS
              haha!! that sounds like fun, and a really good idea! Might steal this from ya
              LOL thanks. Go right on ahead! This is just how we act sometimes so it fits our personality.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by msglave

And this is what sucks so much cause I can fathom forking out $700 for a dance floor as *much* as I want to. Guess I'll be dancing in the sand!
              ~Stacy

#4077 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
              • 5,078 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by dianep
                Here you go. Got this a while ago. Just need to convert them.

The exact height of the round tables used for receptions 74 centimeters

And the measurement for how far across they are. 1.80 meters

The back of the chair is, 45 centimeters tall

The seat is off the ground and 47 centimeters tall

The back is. 92 centimeters wide

The red carpet is 1.60 x 20 meters. This is the carpet runner that they put down at the Gazebo.

The huppa fabric they use is 8 meters total. They are each 1.20 meters x 3 lengths which equals 8 meters total.

#4078 beachbum1285

beachbum1285
                • 110 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

LadyDi - Are you also purchasing table cloths for your reception? I was thinking of just doing runners just to give that little pop of color. Since it'll be night time I'm not sure if a full cloth is worth it.
                  ~Stacy

#4079 dianep

dianep
                  • 532 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:24 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lady_Di
                    Here you go. Got this a while ago. Just need to convert them.

The exact height of the round tables used for receptions 74 centimeters

And the measurement for how far across they are. 1.80 meters

The back of the chair is, 45 centimeters tall

The seat is off the ground and 47 centimeters tall

The back is. 92 centimeters wide

The red carpet is 1.60 x 20 meters. This is the carpet runner that they put down at the Gazebo.

The huppa fabric they use is 8 meters total. They are each 1.20 meters x 3 lengths which equals 8 meters total.
                    this is great! than you so much!!

#4080 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                    • 5,078 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by beachbum1285
                      LadyDi - Are you also purchasing table cloths for your reception? I was thinking of just doing runners just to give that little pop of color. Since it'll be night time I'm not sure if a full cloth is worth it.
                      I got table runners too! I forgot to mention that. I think a table runner will just do it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter