Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#3851 2mckee

2mckee
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lady_Di
    cool, thanks...let him know i referred you!
    I did! Thanks for the tip- he already emailed me back and the pics and prices look amazing!

#3852 2mckee

2mckee
    • 96 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by aerazo
      Here is the information for the lounge furniture, i forgot to mention they charge a $75 delivery fee.

Jennifer Smith
      Turtle Bay Cafe & Bakery
      Akumal, Q.Roo
      bartley_smith@msn.com

She is a wedding coordinator but also does rental furniture, you can google Turtle Bay Cafe & Bakery - its also a restaurant...

Pricing starts at $175 per set and delivery will be on top of that. they can also have made pillows in your colors- pillows will range from$15-30 depending on sizing and fabric.they also offer rentals and complete wedding coordination

1 set are 2 sofas, 2 ottomans y 1 table you can seat about 8-12 people depending on size of people and how you are using them. Delivery would be $75 usd. We can also have pillows made in your colors. Pillows range from $15-40 depending on size and material.

let her know I referred you! =)
      Thanks! I just emailed her. Looks like she does edible favors and cakes as well....

#3853 2mckee

2mckee
      • 96 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jesmcan
        2Mckee and others - I sent Zulma what I wanted played at the ceremony. I am doing Ave Maria and I was able to find a clip on solo guitarist which is what we are doing for our ceremony. I did not have an issue sending them this.

Marvin from Maya Diseno is great there is also Euphoria Eventos Y Arte Floral Euforia Cancun Wedding Planner - Outdoor Events and Lighting Design They are a bit pricier but do amazing work
        Thanks, jesmcan. I just emailed them as well for a quote.

As far as music, we are wanting more relaxed music, (not as classical although Ave Maria is a beautiful song!) so I was thinking something like a guitar cover of "Here comes the sun" by the beatles. Thinking I may just have the soloist play before we all come in and use tracks if they are going to be difficult about it....

Thanks to EVERYONE for all the input. I think I would be going absolutely nuts right now if I had to rely on the Michigan WC's for everything.....

#3854 LynnieS

LynnieS
        • 319 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

Dianep- I have been in contact with the WC's at the resort for a while now. Michele said that I could pay when I got down there, which I had never heard before. Again, Im keeping all my emails so if they try to pull something I will raise h*ll!! Im also trying to keep in contact with her several times a week so they can let me know if Im missing anything. OH, and thanks for your input on the lounge furniture. I don't want my 50 guest to have to stand all night so I hope they keep the tables!!
          yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#3855 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
          • 372 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

Anyone that is planning a 2011 wedding, I heard back from the Resort today that Cancun room rates are out, and Gran porto should be out within the next few days.

#3856 jenconrad

jenconrad
            • 79 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dianep
              for those recently married or with dates coming up soon, when did you make your final payment? i thought they were due 45 days out but i haven't seen or heard anything about it yet. i got my checklist in a week ago along with entree selections and a guest list, but haven't heard anything back. i just sent another e-mail, but i'm curious about when i'm supposed to make the payment. thanks!
              I had to request my ivoice multiple times around 45-40 days out. The manager Carole seemed quite concerned my payment wasn't in yet...so I kept asking for an invoice so I could acually pay it.. oh my. hahaha. It was after my payment was recieved that I was given the name of my onsite coordinator. Just a heads up, the invoice does say that the wedding can be cancelled if not paid 30 days in advance. Though, I am pretty sure each wc does things a bit differently depending on who you have! I was happy to pay to free me from that silly office!

Jen
              38 Guests booked!

#3857 luna1923

luna1923
              • 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:06 AM

does anyone know how much extra it costs to extend the reception and what is the max time we can extend it to. I have the Luxury package and want to extend the reception to 4 hours. Or, can we push back the start time of the reception? It just seems pretty retarded that my reception will be ending at 9:00 p.m.!

Also, has anyone gone with paying extra for the resort's centerpieces? I really can't be bothered to lug candles, etc down with me - the added weight to the luggage is something that I don't want to deal with (likely cause I won't have any weight allowance left, lol)
                Luna

#3858 beachbum1285

beachbum1285
                • 110 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:33 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by luna1923
                  does anyone know how much extra it costs to extend the reception and what is the max time we can extend it to. I have the Luxury package and want to extend the reception to 4 hours. Or, can we push back the start time of the reception? It just seems pretty retarded that my reception will be ending at 9:00 p.m.!

Also, has anyone gone with paying extra for the resort's centerpieces? I really can't be bothered to lug candles, etc down with me - the added weight to the luggage is something that I don't want to deal with (likely cause I won't have any weight allowance left, lol)
                  Mine's over at 9 too! Depending on my mood and if I still feel like partying, I was thinking everyone that feels like it could head to a local bar and continue the celebration. Senor Frogs? Carlos & Charlies? We'll see. I have a TTD session the next morning so I bet I end up crashing haha! :)

I'm paying for centerpieces cause 1. I do not have a creative bone in my body and 2. like you I just don't want that much more stuff to lug down there. I'm already bringing an extra suitcase just for OOT bag stuff so I really didn't want to bring extras for ceremony/reception stuff. Linens and flowers I'm just paying the resort. I don't really care at this point they already put me through enough!
                  ~Stacy

#3859 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
                  • 372 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:42 AM

We are starting the ceremony at 4 and then doing a cocktail hour. We are only doing a semi private 1 1/2 ceremony. So our ceremony will be over at 730! I plan to get a white cocktail dress to change in to and we'll all plan somewhere to go after the wedding is oveer.

#3860 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                    • 5,078 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by luna1923

The max time for the garden is 10pm and beach 11pm. I think it is $20 for non resort and $10 for resort guests for the extra hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter