Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#3811 luna1923

luna1923
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:02 AM

Hello Ladies,

This is my first post. It has taken me almost a month, but I think I have finally read through all the posts! I wanted to make sure I did not ask questions that may have already been answered several times, lol. This forum, and the ladies on it, have been so helpful! I initially wanted to do a DW so I would not have to plan anything, doesn't seem to be the case! My FI and I are from different religious backgrounds so we are having a religious cermony of three hundred guests in Vancouver, and aprox 35-50 guests in Playa. I went from not wanting to plan a wedding to having to plan two weddings! To add to that, we too have had to change our wedding date from April 2011 to Nov 2010 due to price difference for our guests. I'm sure you can imagine that mad scramble I'm going through now trying to plan two weddings in seven months!

I have stayed at the Royal before so am familiar with ground layout, etc. Some of the questions I do have:

1. Re lounge furniture - I saw a post that mentioned that they used the Royal's for $250-300. I was initially going to rent mine from another outfit that charged aprox $2000 (used by several other posters). Can someone give me more info about the Royal's lounge furniture and how it compares.

2. Re DJ - does the Royal use DJ Doremixx? If so, is it cheaper to book him privately, even while paying the $350 vendor fee

3. I have not received any communication from an WCs. Everything was booked through a travel agent. Is this normal?

4. I'm in the same boat as many other ladies - the Luxury Package is what I initially was going to go for, but there are alot of services - mani/pedi, hair/makeup, photo, etc, that I will not use - are we still able to book a four course private reception?

Lastly, I have not posted enough to open the attachments. Can someone be kind enough to email the wedding and price checklist, and this cake list that everyone is talking about, lol. srn_luna@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch ladies!
    Luna

#3812 Trinas79

Trinas79
    • 179 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by luna1923
      Hello Ladies,

This is my first post. It has taken me almost a month, but I think I have finally read through all the posts! I wanted to make sure I did not ask questions that may have already been answered several times, lol. This forum, and the ladies on it, have been so helpful! I initially wanted to do a DW so I would not have to plan anything, doesn't seem to be the case! My FI and I are from different religious backgrounds so we are having a religious cermony of three hundred guests in Vancouver, and aprox 35-50 guests in Playa. I went from not wanting to plan a wedding to having to plan two weddings! To add to that, we too have had to change our wedding date from April 2011 to Nov 2010 due to price difference for our guests. I'm sure you can imagine that mad scramble I'm going through now trying to plan two weddings in seven months!

I have stayed at the Royal before so am familiar with ground layout, etc. Some of the questions I do have:

1. Re lounge furniture - I saw a post that mentioned that they used the Royal's for $250-300. I was initially going to rent mine from another outfit that charged aprox $2000 (used by several other posters). Can someone give me more info about the Royal's lounge furniture and how it compares.

2. Re DJ - does the Royal use DJ Doremixx? If so, is it cheaper to book him privately, even while paying the $350 vendor fee

3. I have not received any communication from an WCs. Everything was booked through a travel agent. Is this normal?

4. I'm in the same boat as many other ladies - the Luxury Package is what I initially was going to go for, but there are alot of services - mani/pedi, hair/makeup, photo, etc, that I will not use - are we still able to book a four course private reception?

Lastly, I have not posted enough to open the attachments. Can someone be kind enough to email the wedding and price checklist, and this cake list that everyone is talking about, lol. srn_luna@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch ladies!

Welcome!

As for your DJ services questions, booking him through the resort or privately costs right around the same (850-ish, or at least when I booked) - if you went through the resort you would have to pay the vendor fee on top of that.

My understanding is that if you if you don't get one of the packages (ie Luxury), and you do a la carte, that you would pay for the reception as well (a per person fee). I'm sure one of the other ladies can chime in on that one, if I'm not right.

When in November are you getting married??

#3813 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
      • 372 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:17 AM

I'm not familar if it is normal or not to not hear from the WC's. I'm also going through a travel agent, but she doesn't get involved with the wedding end if it. (Which now I understand why!) So I refer all my guests to her to get rooms and flights booked, and I'm handling all the wedding stuff myself, which I like better so I know what is actually being done.

#3814 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

Quote:
          Hello Ladies,

Thanks a bunch ladies!
          I think the lounge furniture is 250 per 5 pieces, 500 for 10 and so on...

Good question about the 4 course meal; i'm interested to know this too

#3815 LynnieS

LynnieS
          • 319 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by prettypigpig
            THE ROYAL in Playa Del Carmen-Day Passes
            Prices are insane, so make sure all your guests stay at a Real resort!
            9am – 5pm $85

12pm – 5pm $65

5pm – 11pm $85

9am – 11pm $145
            So, I got an email from Michel at the resort and she said that when a guest does not stay at a Royal property and want to come to your wedding they can come 30 minutes before your wedding and have to leave anytime there is a break. I have a 3 hour break between cockail hour and reception. Or, they can stay if they pay for these day passes. In addition, everything they eat (ie reception dinner, cocktail hour and champagne toast/cake) is twice as much. To eat dinner, for example, it is $50/pp instead of $25/pp. OMG!!! This is ridic!!! We have booked 25 rooms (50 people total) at this resort, isnt there some sort of compensation for bringing all this business. . .geez!
            yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#3816 dianep

dianep
            • 532 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:26 AM

Quote:
              Hello Ladies,

Thanks a bunch ladies!

i have the classic package and am upgrading to a private reception. I did not receive anything that shows a 4-course meal as an option. I was told that i have the same 3-course options, the same as the classic package. so, at least for me, it comes with 3 options each for: a salad, and entree, and a dessert.

welcome, and good luck! let me know if you need more details!
              http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
              and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#3817 jesmcan

jesmcan
              • 1,091 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LynnieS
                So, I got an email from Michel at the resort and she said that when a guest does not stay at a Royal property and want to come to your wedding they can come 30 minutes before your wedding and have to leave anytime there is a break. I have a 3 hour break between cockail hour and reception. Or, they can stay if they pay for these day passes. In addition, everything they eat (ie reception dinner, cocktail hour and champagne toast/cake) is twice as much. To eat dinner, for example, it is $50/pp instead of $25/pp. OMG!!! This is ridic!!! We have booked 25 rooms (50 people total) at this resort, isnt there some sort of compensation for bringing all this business. . .geez!
                Wow that is absolutely insane!! So you have to pay for day pass plus the cost for dinner etc...?That is just crazy I have never heard of something so absurd. I mean you are already paying the non-resort price they should be able to stay for the 3 hours in between. And I agree you are bringing all this business to the resort. I might consider moving up the times and having the cocktail hour maybe for two hours after the ceremony and moving the reception up? Not sure what your situation is but after you cruncht he numbers it might make more sense.
                The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#3818 msglave

msglave
                • 933 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

Quote:
                  Hello Ladies,

Thanks a bunch ladies!
                  Hi Luna,
                  I am pretty new to this thread as well. I emailed Dorremixx (he took a long time to get back to me-and I emailed him twice) and basically he told me that if I am getting married at the Royal I would have to book him directly through him. I emailed Ivan Gomez who responded very promptly. He costs $850, but you would have to pay the vendor's fee for him.

Ladies, is it a way that I can shortcut to this forum instead of doing a search every time I get on here?

Lastly, Julie is my wedding coordinator and she's been WONDERFUL!
                  The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                  Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                  www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#3819 luna1923

luna1923
                  • 40 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:32 PM

Thanks everyone for the information! I think I may stick with the Luxury package, it seems that I'll be paying more if I go a la carte.

I thought Ivan Gomez was with Dorremixx?
                    Luna

#3820 msglave

msglave
                    • 933 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:53 PM

Quote:
                      Thanks everyone for the information! I think I may stick with the Luxury package, it seems that I'll be paying more if I go a la carte.

I thought Ivan Gomez was with Dorremixx?
                      Sorry-you are RIGHT! Ivan was very nice and got back with me promptly. It was DJ Mannia who told me I had to book through the resort.
                      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter