Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#3551 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
  • Jr. Member
  • 233 posts

    Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

    Someone on here was wondering about the day passes and how expensive they were. I emailed Zulma to find out and here is what she told me:

    9am to 5pm 85usd
    5am to 11pm 85usd
    9am to 11pm 140usd

    Sometimes Gran Porto front desk give a promotion as follows:
    If the guests buy 3 day passes for the royal it will cost 60usd per the 3 days, but this promotion is not all the time.

    Hope that helps!

    #3552 Lady_Di

    Lady_Di
    • Sr. Member
    • 5,078 posts

      Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

      i have them! steph, you know i always have everything! lol will email you and shirley.

      #3553 dianep

      dianep
      • Member
      • 532 posts

        Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
        So it looks like the resort is sold out for parts of our stay. I don't think anyone else is going that we sent invitations to, so hopefully that won't be a problem. I have resolved myself with being sad that we have such a small group, I know it will be less hassle and worry so I am just going to go with it. Guess I don't really need to do OTT bags! lol
        we're expecting only 12 guests. so my group will be small too... just what we wanted! i'm still planning to do OOT bags. but instead of getting anything personalized (though i still think that's so much fun), i just bought some reusable canvas totes. i think people would be more likely to use them on down the road since they're not wedding-y at all.

        the only downside, for me, of having such a small group, is the lack of much of a dance. my FI and i aren't big dancers, but it's always such a fun part of a wedding party.
        http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
        and happily ever after begins...


        wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

        #3554 ~Stephanie~

        ~Stephanie~
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,347 posts

          Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:25 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by dianep
          we're expecting only 12 guests. so my group will be small too... just what we wanted! i'm still planning to do OOT bags. but instead of getting anything personalized (though i still think that's so much fun), i just bought some reusable canvas totes. i think people would be more likely to use them on down the road since they're not wedding-y at all.

          the only downside, for me, of having such a small group, is the lack of much of a dance. my FI and i aren't big dancers, but it's always such a fun part of a wedding party.
          I know, we are not big dancers either and I feel like my reception will be awkward now. But I don't want to give up having my "first dance" kwim?


          Di- thanks mom!
          ~Stephanie

          Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

          #3555 2mckee

          2mckee
          • Newbie
          • 96 posts

            Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by dianep
            we're expecting only 12 guests. so my group will be small too... just what we wanted! i'm still planning to do OOT bags. but instead of getting anything personalized (though i still think that's so much fun), i just bought some reusable canvas totes. i think people would be more likely to use them on down the road since they're not wedding-y at all.

            the only downside, for me, of having such a small group, is the lack of much of a dance. my FI and i aren't big dancers, but it's always such a fun part of a wedding party.
            FYI, I found canvas tote bags on both theknot.com and etsy.com (less than $6 each including personalization) and we are getting each couples last name (plus a couple of people that are traveling alone) embroidered on each bag in our colors. We are going to make buttons with our wedding logo on it and attach one to each bag. That way everyone can still identify other people attending our wedding, but can take the button off after they get home and reuse the bag. Just an idea if anyone is still looking for that sort of thing! :)

            #3556 2mckee

            2mckee
            • Newbie
            • 96 posts

              Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
              I know, we are not big dancers either and I feel like my reception will be awkward now. But I don't want to give up having my "first dance" kwim?)
              Do you have a cousin, sister, friend, etc. that loves to be the center of attention and/or dancing?? My suggestion would be to enlist them to be the "party person" and ask them to get the dancing going, etc..... I've been to a very small wedding before and the brides sister grabbed their grandfather and started boogying and everyone followed pretty quickly! And/or do something super cheesy like play "We are family" and get everyone to get up and start dancing that way. Sounds interesting, but I have seen this as well and its pretty dang effective!

              #3557 2mckee

              2mckee
              • Newbie
              • 96 posts

                Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

                One more thing for all of you girls asking about flowers outside of the flower catalogue. I just sent a couple pictures to my WC of bouquets I really liked and she got back to me with the quotes- not cheap, but definitely not $500! More like 175-200. Just FYI.

                #3558 Lady_Di

                Lady_Di
                • Sr. Member
                • 5,078 posts

                  Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:13 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by 2mckee
                  FYI, I found canvas tote bags on both theknot.com and etsy.com (less than $6 each including personalization) and we are getting each couples last name (plus a couple of people that are traveling alone) embroidered on each bag in our colors. We are going to make buttons with our wedding logo on it and attach one to each bag. That way everyone can still identify other people attending our wedding, but can take the button off after they get home and reuse the bag. Just an idea if anyone is still looking for that sort of thing! :)
                  i am definitely interested! can you let me know the seller name on etsy?

                  #3559 kelly123

                  kelly123
                  • Newbie
                  • 7 posts

                    Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

                    Hey Ladies,
                    You can contact Paty Ulloa she is the wedding manager for the resorts in Mexico. Her email is pulloa@realresorts.com. She may be able to help you with your complaints concerning the Michigan offices. She used to handle all of the weddings before they hired Carole Cohen to run the wedding sales office in Michigan.

                    #3560 kelly123

                    kelly123
                    • Newbie
                    • 7 posts

                      Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by candicemarie
                      Oh Lord, here we go again...who is gone now? I'm not trying to be in someone's person business, but I doubt they told all the brides who had her bc they didn't even tell us brides who had Kimberly R when she left.
                      Try contacting Paty Ulloa. She is in Mexico and the head of the wedding department. Her email is pulloa@realresorts.com




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter