Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#3441 LynnieS

LynnieS
  • Jr. Member
  • 319 posts

    Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

    LadyDi- that SUX!!! There has to be a way to get around that. Absolut ridic!!
    yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

    #3442 Lisa DSO

    Lisa DSO
    • Member
    • 712 posts

      Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lady_Di
      my FI's aunt is bringing her sister/brother to the wedding. my godmother might bring more people. they are staying off resort. it looks like we would have to draw a line and tell them that they only can bring one person per person.
      god forbid we pay $100 for 10 or more people.
      Arrgh, why do people think they can just bring whomever they want? I dunno if I would even let them bring 1 person, you are very nice lol. Sure, they can bring whoever they want to Mexico, but the wedding is off limits. You can do it, tell them!!! lol

      #3443 LynnieS

      LynnieS
      • Jr. Member
      • 319 posts

        Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

        I think I agree. . . .they prob don't even know how much you are paying or even that you are paying for them to come that day. Just let them know and they will understand
        yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

        #3444 smckinney22

        smckinney22
        • Jr. Member
        • 185 posts

          Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lady_Di
          haha, i wish...i hear that security guards there are hawks so that probably won't happen. i think we may get more people coming but they are not staying at the resort. my FI's aunt is bringing her sister/brother to the wedding. my godmother might bring more people. they are staying off resort. it looks like we would have to draw a line and tell them that they only can bring one person per person. we just can't afford $100 for every non resort guest. i think our guests think it's free for us and that we don't have to pay anything since the wedding is at all inclusive resort.

          god forbid we pay $100 for 10 or more people.
          Speaking of... how would they know? I mean does security bother everyone asking for room keys? Or do we all have to sport those attractive neon bracelets the whole time? I was wondering about this too since I have a few people thinking of staying off-site as well.

          Any past brides or site visitors know how this works?

          #3445 ~Stephanie~

          ~Stephanie~
          • Sr. Member
          • 3,347 posts

            Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
            Does anyone know if they do any live webcam service for the ceremony?
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by super19
            I thought I read somewhere that they do have a live webcam and the cost is $300. It just wouldn't be the Royal without the upcharge!

            This is correct.
            ~Stephanie

            Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

            #3446 louise_pernell

            louise_pernell
            • Newbie
            • 44 posts

              Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
              Great review, thank you so much!


              Oh my gosh, this makes me sad! They don't get days off? Don't I feel lazy for taking today off. Good to know, however. Ladies, let's try to remember this!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by smckinney22
              Speaking of... how would they know? I mean does security bother everyone asking for room keys? Or do we all have to sport those attractive neon bracelets the whole time? I was wondering about this too since I have a few people thinking of staying off-site as well.

              Any past brides or site visitors know how this works?


              We all receive wrist bands and they color coded depending on the type of guest you are: VIP, regulars, etc. fyi We are allowed to have the bracelets cut off for wedding photos.

              #3447 Daily2011

              Daily2011
              • Newbie
              • 123 posts

                Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

                Lady Di: I would have your FMIL or FFIL politely let drop to her/his sister that the wedding is not free for the extra guests and is in fact rather an up charge. You do not need to deal with this that is what the family is for. Not to mention, no where else would someone think to bring EXTRA guests to the wedding. It is rude and his family needs to nip it in the bud. It is one thing if they are invited guests...we are all taking that risk, but tag-a-longs...NO WAY!

                #3448 Lady_Di

                Lady_Di
                • Sr. Member
                • 5,078 posts

                  Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
                  Arrgh, why do people think they can just bring whomever they want? I dunno if I would even let them bring 1 person, you are very nice lol. Sure, they can bring whoever they want to Mexico, but the wedding is off limits. You can do it, tell them!!! lol
                  Girl, if i had my way, I would have taken care of it but my FI doesn't want to be rude. So, i just let him to deal with it but I told him that we are drawing a line if anyone in our family want to bring more guests. It is NOT cheap!

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by smckinney22
                  Speaking of... how would they know? I mean does security bother everyone asking for room keys? Or do we all have to sport those attractive neon bracelets the whole time?
                  We all receive wrist bands and they color coded depending on the type of guest you are: VIP, regulars, etc. fyi We are allowed to have the bracelets cut off for wedding photos.
                  I hear that there was problems with getting a new bracelet from a past bride. I can't exactly remember what it was. I will clarify with my WC if we can get a new bracelet without a problem.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Daily2011
                  Lady Di: I would have your FMIL or FFIL politely let drop to her/his sister that the wedding is not free for the extra guests and is in fact rather an up charge. You do not need to deal with this that is what the family is for. Not to mention, no where else would someone think to bring EXTRA guests to the wedding. It is rude and his family needs to nip it in the bud. It is one thing if they are invited guests...we are all taking that risk, but tag-a-longs...NO WAY!
                  Believe me, I so want to do that but I don't want to look ungrateful! FI doesn't want to step on anybody's toes or hear his parents telling him that we're rude. I'm glad I'm not having a local wedding or I'll go nuts!

                  #3449 astreit

                  astreit
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 182 posts

                    Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:02 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lady_Di
                    Ok, just heard from Julie...unfortunately, non resort guests are NOT covered by the package. we have to pay for them. That sucks!! i'm seriously pissed. this whole time, i thought the package would cover them. it is $100 per non resort guest for us.

                    we are considering just going with a cheaper package and do a la carte but that means we might get $300 vendor fee instead $100 if we sign a new contract. booo.

                    over
                    Don't worry about the vendor fee. I signed my original contract before the vendor fee was increased. Then I changed my package after that and they still honored the $100 vendor fee that was in place when I signed my first contract. Just make sure you say something so that they are sure to write it in your new contract, otherwise the default is for the $300 fee.

                    #3450 Lady_Di

                    Lady_Di
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 5,078 posts

                      Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by astreit
                      Don't worry about the vendor fee. I signed my original contract before the vendor fee was increased. Then I changed my package after that and they still honored the $100 vendor fee that was in place when I signed my first contract. Just make sure you say something so that they are sure to write it in your new contract, otherwise the default is for the $300 fee.
                      that's great to know, thank you!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter