| Originally Posted by prettypigpig |
I am looking at this resort. I went to the Gran in 2004 with my mom, and we were very pleased with the hotel and experience. So far...There is a few on the Royal:
1) they seems to charge u here and there...left and right
2) Hotel can be full very fast, and then u have to pay extra for the day pass
3) does the luxury (the one at $3800, includes the judge?) and can we remove the photographer/video from it?
4) Extra External Vendor fee to be added on top?
5) very bad communication with WC (it is not only at Royal...same thing with brides dealing with Barcelo...it is like talking to a wall)
1) very nice location, next to PDC, so no need to take $10-$30 cab to get to a town, super convenient for Bachelor party or girls' night out! or get extra supplies.
2) people with kids and limited budget can stay at the Gran, so no need to be stuck in a kids "friendly" hotel or force people to pay extra $200-$500 per week to stay at the Royal.
3) Starbucks in PDC for Starbucks addicts
2) The hotel seems to be selling out at least 3 months in advance. The only thing to do is get your guests booking early and let them know this resort sells out fast. I highly recommend working with a travel agent. If people want they can put down a deposit to hold just at least the room.
3) Non of the packages included the judge. However if you stay in a master suite or higher for 5 nights or longer than the judge is free. You cannot remove the video or photographer from it.
4) For every outside vendor there is a $350 fee. The resort has a list of approved vendors that you can book through them to avoid this fee. However be aware that usually the cost is a lot more if you go through the resort.
5) The communication for lack of a better word is atrocious, but every bride who has had their wedding at the royal has said once you get there everything is amazing. Just keep a binder with everything in writing.
I agree with all the pros. Location is what really makes this resort so popular. Not to mention they are #2 on trip advisor and are well known for their food.