Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#3221 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
    FI and I had a long talk last night about the Royal, lack of response, rate hikes, "wedding factory", and how we shouldn't feel like we are "bothering" the WCs by asking pertinent questions once a month. He is completely convinced that we should change resorts and even called another one and spoke with their WC and held our date tentatively. He said "Boom, so how easy that was? That is how it should be"

oh so stressed! I'm so on the fence now (especially since the package is almost identical and 1200 less.....)
    oh i'm sorry that you guys have to go through this what is that resort? i think i would have changed resorts if i just started planning now due to lack of communication. i never had that problem from the beginning. do what you guys feel the best for you...i have an idea, you should totally call the Michigan office and tell them you are changing resorts and see if they will try to convince you to stay then you can ask them to be more responsive. They are just tooo busy with the weddings but in the end, it all works out!

#3222 dianep

dianep
    • 532 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

those pictures are gorgeous! thank you so much for sharing!
      http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
      and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#3223 ItsMeBeckyP

ItsMeBeckyP
      • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

Hey ladies,
        Wanted to share an idea with you. I decided to make a custom cake topper out of clay. I've never done anything like this before - just bought some air-dry clay and went for it. I'm pretty happy with how it came out!
        Click the image to open in full size.
        Getting hitched May 7th, 2010 at the Royal Playa Del Carmen!

#3224 beachbum1285

beachbum1285
        • 110 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

Quote:
          FI and I had a long talk last night about the Royal, lack of response, rate hikes, "wedding factory", and how we shouldn't feel like we are "bothering" the WCs by asking pertinent questions once a month. He is completely convinced that we should change resorts and even called another one and spoke with their WC and held our date tentatively. He said "Boom, so how easy that was? That is how it should be"

oh so stressed! I'm so on the fence now (especially since the package is almost identical and 1200 less.....)
          I feel the SAME way!! We had a similar talk not too long ago and while he thinks I shouldn't have to go thru this miscommunication, he also thinks it'd be a hassle for our guests to switch hotels. (I would be MORE than happy to call their TAs myself and switch, seeing as there's no penalties to switch which I have already looked into and there isn't!) When I get it, but this is ridiculous. I was *promised* a phone call by yesterday and never got it. It's not worth the energy stressing over this. I've sent the Michigan ladies 5 emails, repetative emails at that, and I haven't gotten a dang thing back. I even emailed the people in Mexico, and after they seemed to be helpful a few weeks ago, I got nothing.

Seriously, I am almost at the point where I just want to say screw the WHOLE wedding idea, let me just enjoy my non-refundable plane ticket trip to Mexico (and tons of margaritas at that!) and I'll try to look into something else NEXT year. I just feel bad for those guests that have booked a trip expecting to see a wedding when I'm so not into it anymore.
          ~Stacy

#3225 dianep

dianep
          • 532 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

i just keep reminding myself that, even though it's frustrating now, everyone always says how perfectly everything turns out and how everying this taken care of smoothly once we arrive in mexico. admittedly, my group is small and i have pretty laid-back plans, but i know it's going to be great once we're there.

on the other hand, it sure is hard to shell out a bunch of money to a company who contracts out sub-par service providers, especially when this is happening across the board. hmmm.

good luck with your decisions, ladies.
            http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
            and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#3226 Jenny310

Jenny310
            • 245 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

I've been thru this thread for weeks while waiting for my contract but we are finally booked at The Royal for November 27, 2010!! I am super excited and love that there is soo much information on here! I'm adding myself to the list

diana&steve0304 - April 3, 2010
              Shining - April 17, 2010
              kimmy44 - April 21, 2010
              jcooper79 - April 22, 2010
              aerazo - April 23, 2010
              llm78 - April 25, 2010
              kimmy44 - April 28, 2010
              AprilandRyan - May 1, 2010
              jennie.lewis - May 7, 2010
              SDbeachgirl - May 7, 2010
              LynnieS - May 14, 2010
              Lexibride - May 15, 2010
              tutti1299 - May 15, 2010
              dianep - May 15, 2010 (gran)
              astreit - May 16, 2010
              boolo318 - May 28, 2010
              Denisema00 - May 29, 2010
              Lady_Di - May 29, 2010
              candicemarie - June 5, 2010
              kenlyn8984 - June 10, 2010
              ~Stephanie~ - June 11, 2010
              super19 - June 21, 2010
              louise_pernell - June 25, 2010
              2mckee- June 27, 2010
              cinny726 - June 2010
              Pattie - June 2010
              Jamk32179- September 18, 2010
              smckinney22 - October 9, 2010
              ReidCapote - October 24, 2010
              Shirley_Ken - October 28, 2010
              Celine- November 5, 2010
              bmlynch - November 6, 2010
              Randi - November 11, 2010
              Trinas79 - November 11, 2010
              jesmcan - November 12, 2010
              futuremrs1113-November 13, 2010
              giraffexx - November 19, 2010
              mslisaaragon - November 22, 2010
              Jenny310 - November 27, 2010
              MichaelandAraceli- December 18, 2010

Lisa DSO- January 1, 2011
              FutureMrsYak- January 11,2011
              pineapplebride - *maybe* April 2011
              speedy130 - May 7, 2011

stevensfiance - 2010 -Royal, Cancun

#3227 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:41 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lady_Di
                oh i'm sorry that you guys have to go through this what is that resort? i think i would have changed resorts if i just started planning now due to lack of communication. i never had that problem from the beginning.
                It's the Grand Sirenis in Akumal (south of playa del carmen). We stayed there two years ago and really liked it (heated pools and lazy river-yay!), but we dont like going to the same place twice. None of my guests have booked, thankfully so it wouldnt really be that hard, but man, all the planning and hours put in already. Either way, I will still be on here to swap ideas with you ladies. I also promised myself that if we do change, i will really let them know that the caused yet another person to change resorts so that hopefully it will make it easier for all of you other ladies.

Oh and it's looking like it would be about 400.00 less per person for our guests (also a 5 star)

#3228 2mckee

2mckee
                • 96 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

[QUOTE=Lisa DSO;1201615]FI and I had a long talk last night about the Royal, lack of response, rate hikes, "wedding factory", and how we shouldn't feel like we are "bothering" the WCs by asking pertinent questions once a month. He is completely convinced that we should change resorts and even called another one and spoke with their WC and held our date tentatively. He said "Boom, so how easy that was? That is how it should be"

oh so stressed! I'm so on the fence now (especially since the package is almost identical and 1200 less.....)[/QUOTE

Sorry to hear about all of that. We almost switched as well, but ended up deciding that as we had heard that everything always comes out really great and the resort is beautiful and well priced for that level of hotel, we would stay. (We also looked at Excellence resorts, The Royal Hideaway and Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso- they were all way more for our guests to travel and stay at.) The communication is pretty sketchy for everyone, but I am hoping that they will kick it in gear about 2 months out. I agree with calling and telling them you are seriously considering leaving. Good luck- I know it will be beautiful and what you want no matter what you decide!

That being said, Trip Advisor just came out with the top 10 luxury hotels and The Royal PDC is one of the top ten for all of Mexico and the Carribean!! Which is great for our guests to see.

#3229 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                  • 5,078 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

Quote:
                    It's the Grand Sirenis in Akumal (south of playa del carmen). We stayed there two years ago and really liked it (heated pools and lazy river-yay!), but we dont like going to the same place twice. None of my guests have booked, thankfully so it wouldnt really be that hard, but man, all the planning and hours put in already. Either way, I will still be on here to swap ideas with you ladies. I also promised myself that if we do change, i will really let them know that the caused yet another person to change resorts so that hopefully it will make it easier for all of you other ladies.

Oh and it's looking like it would be about 400.00 less per person for our guests (also a 5 star)
                    whatever you guys decide! good luck!

[QUOTE=2mckee;1202135]
                    Quote:

oh so stressed! I'm so on the fence now (especially since the package is almost identical and 1200 less.....)[/QUOTE

Sorry to hear about all of that. We almost switched as well, but ended up deciding that as we had heard that everything always comes out really great and the resort is beautiful and well priced for that level of hotel, we would stay. (We also looked at Excellence resorts, The Royal Hideaway and Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso- they were all way more for our guests to travel and stay at.) The communication is pretty sketchy for everyone, but I am hoping that they will kick it in gear about 2 months out. I agree with calling and telling them you are seriously considering leaving. Good luck- I know it will be beautiful and what you want no matter what you decide!

That being said, Trip Advisor just came out with the top 10 luxury hotels and The Royal PDC is one of the top ten for all of Mexico and the Carribean!! Which is great for our guests to see.
                    that's way cool! here's the link...

http://www.tripadvis....147237-cLuxury

#3230 beachbum1285

beachbum1285
                    • 110 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

YEY I finally got some answers today after threatening to cancel and go some place else. Geez.

I got an order of the ceremony. I am doing symbolic but for those that were wanting an idea here it goes...

1. - OPENING PRAYER
                      2. - 1 ST READING (MARK 10: 6-9)
                      3. - REFLEXION ON THE SCRIPTURE
                      4. - 2 nd READING (1 st CORINTHIONS 13: 4 – 8a)
                      5. - MEDITATION
                      6. - PRAYER FOR THE RINGS (YOUR HEARTS)
                      7. - VOWS:
                      I GIVE YOU THIS RING
                      WEAR IT WITH LOVE & JOY
                      I CHOSE YOU TO BE MY WIFE
                      TO HAVE & TO HOLD
                      FROM THIS DAY FORWARD
                      FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE
                      FOR RICHER OR FOR POORER
                      IN SICKNESS & IN HEALTH
                      TO LOVE AND TO CHERISH
                      AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE
                      AMEN.

YOU MAY INSERT YOUR SAND CEREMONY HERE IF YOU SO CHOOSE
                      8. - BLESSING: IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, SON & HOLY SPIRIT.
                      9. - DECLARATION OF MARRIAGE.
                      10. - PRESENTATION TO THE CONGREGATION (GUESTS) AS MR. & MRS.
                      11. - SIGNING OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE BY BRIDE & GROOM & WITNESSES.
                      ~Stacy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter