Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#2781 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback ladies, I think it will be much easier for us too. When we told my mother she was like well everything is fake, your wedding is not your real wedding, your reception when we get home really isn't your reception...but I think it's what we will do. That's a good idea Jen, saying we signed the certificate the day before...that's what I'm going with too!!

One other question, has anyone found out when you do the wedding at home, is there a way not to do the vows and ring exchange? I literally want to go to city hall sign paperwork and say OK now we're married, but I'm not sure if that is legal...I guess I could call city hall and find out.

#2782 LynnieS

LynnieS
    • 319 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

Thats exactly what I want too. I want our Mexico wedding to feel like the real thing!! If its a big production at city hall then it will feel fake in Mexico. There is a great thread on this. I can't seem to find it now but everyone gives really good advice. You can try searching for it.

Can someone help me regarding my question about the photographer. I am really worried that if I give my full payment in cash to my photographer I will never hear from him again. How are the rest of you paying for it? Thanks alot!!
      yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#2783 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
      • 279 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:13 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by LynnieS
      Thats exactly what I want too. I want our Mexico wedding to feel like the real thing!! If its a big production at city hall then it will feel fake in Mexico. There is a great thread on this. I can't seem to find it now but everyone gives really good advice. You can try searching for it.

Can someone help me regarding my question about the photographer. I am really worried that if I give my full payment in cash to my photographer I will never hear from him again. How are the rest of you paying for it? Thanks alot!!
      I saw that you are using Mike Cantarell. He is from Claudia Rodriguez' team. I used Citlalli Rico and Jerry Guzman from the same team. They were straight up pros. I wouldn't worry. They have a pretty good track record if you search the posts on this forum.

#2784 lexibride

lexibride
      • 276 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:06 PM

Hey, what is everyone doing for your transfers from the airport to The Royal?? Our TA gave us a quote of $80 pp for round trip transfers. That seems insane to me. We have one family of 5 people and you mean to tell me it will cost them $400 to get to the airport and back? That seems CRAZY!!

We have people coming in different days and times - I wonder if I should just tell everyone to get a taxi, that it's much cheaper?

What are you guys all doing?

#2785 LynnieS

LynnieS
        • 319 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

Thank you soooo much LexiBride!! That does make me feel better!
          -Lynds

#2786 LynnieS

LynnieS
          • 319 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

As for airport transfers, I am not sure. Ours were included in our package, is yours not? I thought even if you booked thru the hotel itself this rate was "included" in the total price

#2787 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
            • 5,078 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:24 PM

The transfers should be included in the package, lexibride.

You can't just take taxis from the Cancun airport because they are not allowed. Security measures.

#2788 lexibride

lexibride
              • 276 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:06 PM

LadyDi - really?? Hmmm, I'm wondering when that changed, when we went in May 2008, we hopped a taxi from the airport.

Our agent didn't include transfers in the price and then when I asked her she said that it was $40 each way per person, which just seems like a lot of money to me.

#2789 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                • 5,078 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:18 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lexibride
                  LadyDi - really?? Hmmm, I'm wondering when that changed, when we went in May 2008, we hopped a taxi from the airport.

Our agent didn't include transfers in the price and then when I asked her she said that it was $40 each way per person, which just seems like a lot of money to me.
                  i guess a lot changed since then! see below.

Cancun Airport Transportation - Cancun Airport Transfers - Cancun International Airport, Cancun Taxi, Cancun Shuttle, Cancun Bus

#2790 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                  • 1,047 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lexibride
                    Hey, what is everyone doing for your transfers from the airport to The Royal?? Our TA gave us a quote of $80 pp for round trip transfers. That seems insane to me. We have one family of 5 people and you mean to tell me it will cost them $400 to get to the airport and back? That seems CRAZY!!

We have people coming in different days and times - I wonder if I should just tell everyone to get a taxi, that it's much cheaper?

What are you guys all doing?
                    My quotes always include the transfers and I am not familiar with any suppliers that a TA would use that don't automatically include them- I would have your TA double check.

For your family of 5 I would have your TA look into a private car transfer- it'll be far less than the 400.00!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter