Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#2551 astreit

astreit
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

Just to make sure I'm not imagining things, are some of you having tres leches cakes? My WC sent me the cake options and it is not included. When I called and asked her if it was an option she said she didn't know what it was. I spelled it to her so she could write it down and ask, but she said she wasn't familiar with Mexico really and hadn't ever heard of it. I would really like tres leches if it is actually a possibility.

Thanks!

#2552 astreit

astreit
    • 182 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:42 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
      We are doing passport invitations and on them under location we are putting "The Royal, Playa Del Carmen".
      Thanks! I will probably just put that as well and but specifics of the location (beach vs gazebo) in the oot bag.

#2553 jesmcan

jesmcan
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by astreit
        Just to make sure I'm not imagining things, are some of you having tres leches cakes? My WC sent me the cake options and it is not included. When I called and asked her if it was an option she said she didn't know what it was. I spelled it to her so she could write it down and ask, but she said she wasn't familiar with Mexico really and hadn't ever heard of it. I would really like tres leches if it is actually a possibility.

Thanks!
        OMG that is the silly answer, its Mexico and their main cake is tres leches lol I tried it at the food tasting and you absolutely can get it. I lovd it! and it is what I am having to. It was really very tasty :)
        The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#2554 jesmcan

jesmcan
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by astreit

Thanks!
          OMG that is the silly answer, its Mexico and their main cake is tres leches lol I tried it at the food tasting and you absolutely can get it. I lovd it! and it is what I am having to. It was really very tasty :)
          The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#2555 astreit

astreit
          • 182 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

Has anyone used the resort photography? I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth the cost to bring in an outside photographer. Any insight would be great!

Thanks.
            Ashley

#2556 astreit

astreit
            • 182 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

Glad to hear they offer tres leches. I couldn't believe it when she said she didn't know and hadn't even heard of it before. I studied abroad in Mexico for a semester in college and fell in love with tres leches, I would love to have it served at my wedding.

#2557 jcooper79

jcooper79
              • 49 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

I was wondering about the resort photography as well. That is my only option, but I really would like to know how they are...

#2558 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                • 5,078 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

I am bringing outside photographer because the resort' photographer doesnt exactly do what i want but they are good.

::: Funever Photos :::

So my TA got back to me about availability at the Gran and The Royal. She said there are 7 junior suite rooms, 7 jr suite ocean view rooms, and 3 ocean front rooms are left at both resorts on my wedding weekend. I haven't even sent my invites out. FML.

Good thing most of people who were interested going are already booked. I hate trying to nudge rest of my bridesmaids to book already!! It's like pulling teeth.

#2559 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
                  • 233 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:02 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lady_Di
                    I am bringing outside photographer because the resort' photographer doesnt exactly do what i want but they are good.

::: Funever Photos :::

So my TA got back to me about availability at the Gran and The Royal. She said there are 7 junior suite rooms, 7 jr suite ocean view rooms, and 3 ocean front rooms are left at both resorts on my wedding weekend. I haven't even sent my invites out. FML.

Good thing most of people who were interested going are already booked. I hate trying to nudge rest of my bridesmaids to book already!! It's like pulling teeth.
                    If you happen to be on FB then post a message saying there are only 10 more rooms left. I did that and 5 people called and booked! I think people think that the rates will go down if they hold off, but that isn't always the case. I still have one BM that hasn't booked. It is driving me nuts! We now have 33 booked as of today! I can't imagine we are going to get many more. The invites still haven't gone out for us either. THis is all so frustrating! I thought a beach wedding would be relaxing...boy was I wrong

#2560 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
                    • 233 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

I just got an email from Zulma!!! YAY I have a coordinator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter