Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#2401 jesmcan

jesmcan
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jules2222
    Also, does anyone know FOR SURE, if guests at the GRAN PORTO can attend the wedding and reception at the Royal?

Thanks!
    J
    Hi, yes I am 110% sure guests and children from the Gran Porto can attend the wedding and reception.
    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#2402 jamk32179

jamk32179
    • 341 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:19 PM

Quote:
      Has anyone been able to reach the wedding planners (Kimberly etc.) here in the USA? I've been sending email for 5 days straight with no reply and just get VM when I call.
      Thanks!
      I have not been able to reach mine since Tuesday. I have sent 2 emails to confirm she received my contract, but no reply yet. I am extremely frustrated because I would really like to get going with this planning process. Does this mean we have to put a point under The Royal for the scoreboard
      -Jen-
      September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#2403 Trinas79

Trinas79
      • 179 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

Quote:
        Also, does anyone know FOR SURE, if guests at the GRAN PORTO can attend the wedding and reception at the Royal?

Thanks!
        J
        They are. Guests are allowed over from the Gran a 1/2 hour before the start of the ceremony.

#2404 jesmcan

jesmcan
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jamk32179
          I have not been able to reach mine since Tuesday. I have sent 2 emails to confirm she received my contract, but no reply yet. I am extremely frustrated because I would really like to get going with this planning process. Does this mean we have to put a point under The Royal for the scoreboard
          -Jen-
          NOOO We cannot let them have any points. I know its frusterating but it has been this way for all of us Have you girls tried calling? I found this tactic works way better recently.

Right after I call I ask for them to e-mail me back so I have confirmation in writing. If I don't get it back in two business days they get another nice phone call from me until I do get it :)
          The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#2405 jamk32179

jamk32179
          • 341 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:34 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jesmcan
            NOOO We cannot let them have any points. I know its frusterating but it has been this way for all of us Have you girls tried calling? I found this tactic works way better recently.

Right after I call I ask for them to e-mail me back so I have confirmation in writing. If I don't get it back in two business days they get another nice phone call from me until I do get it :)
            I understand people are busy, but this is getting rediculous! I shouldn't have to chase after you to do your job! Know what I mean? Well, I'll give her a call on monday to see if that gets the ball rolling. Thought things would have been better after our last hiccup, but I guess not!
            September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#2406 becks1581

becks1581
            • 477 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:41 AM

Quote:
              Has anyone been able to reach the wedding planners (Kimberly etc.) here in the USA? I've been sending email for 5 days straight with no reply and just get VM when I call.
              Thanks!
              I agree that calling is probably your best bet. I was lucky and Doreen actually picked up her direct line when I called yesterday. I didn't use the 1-800 number though which might require that you jump through more hoops before speaking with an actual human.

Quick update on my wedding dress shopping trip today...The dress that I liked the best was completely different than what I expected. It was the Maggie Sottero Reema. It looks very different on the website than in person and I would have the straps removed. It had more beading than I thought I would like but the shape was very flattering and the tulle skirt is gorgeous. The Anniston, which is the dress that I went to look at was actually stocked in their plus-size dept so I had a hard time envisioning how it would actually look on me...the proportions were pretty off. I don't think that I"m ready to buy yet but I'm def getting a better idea of what I do and don't want.

ALSO...I'm heading out of town tomorrow morning to go on a cruise with FI and his family :-) FI is afraid that I might go into BDW withdrawal. LOL...he might be right. I hope everyone has a great week. GO TEAM!

#2407 medina

medina
              • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:06 PM

HELLO,
                I am new to this site and I am considering the Royal in playa del carmen as well. My wedding isn't going to be until feb 2011. I am considering del sol photography does anyone know what they charge? I would like to have them for about 4-5 hours and also do a trash the dress session.....any info would be great thanks!!

#2408 Denisema00

Denisema00
                • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

Hello all,
                  first I want to say thank you for all the advice, now that the holidays are over my wedding is fast approaching! I will post my save the dates and invites as soon as I figure out how. I did the boarding pass std, got a great deal from a guy on Long Island, and i did my invites with heather at etsy.com (Talavera Mexican Tile Pressed Wedding by LetterpressLight on Etsy[]=tags&includes[]=title) which I loooove!!

anyway, my question is regarding getting ready, how far in advance should I book for hair/makeup, and if my wedding is at 6, what time do i need to be there by?
                  Also, can I get it done with my bridesmaids? even if they are staying at the Gran Porto?

Thanks
                  Denise

#2409 mslisaaragon

mslisaaragon
                  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

Good afternoon Brides!

We are headed to PDC this week for our site inspection, YAY! Send me your questions you'd like me to ask while I have them CAPTIVE! :)

BTW - Jesmcan, I LOVE your website! Wonderful job! Did you do that yourself or did someone design it for you?!

Lisa
                    Lisa

#2410 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                    • 5,078 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:54 AM

I emailed Kimberly Tuesday or Wednesday and I have not heard from her. She usually replies same day o next day so I'm assuming she's on vacation or out of office. I'll email again next week.

Lisa, enjoy your trip!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter