Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#1951 jesmcan

jesmcan
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,091 posts

    Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:02 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smckinney22
    Is anyone else doing a program or pamphlet that has the "couples itinerary" or "where to find the couple" for your guests to know about where you'll be hanging out and when, in case they want to catch up with you throughout the trip?

    It seems I saw this somewhere on the forum, but I did a search every way I thought possible and couldn't find the bride who did it and had pics. I'm looking for a template maybe or pics to get ideas (i even seached in the DIY forum) so this is my last ditch effort.
    That is such a good idea, I did not even think of doing that. I looked on the forum to nada
    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

    #1952 Maybride2009

    Maybride2009
    • Jr. Member
    • 408 posts

      Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

      The do several weddings a day. However if you are lucky like we were you will meet the other couples at tradewinds for a night of tequila! I even had pics taken of the other bride and I who finished our ceremony at the same time and happened to meet up at the pool!
      There were only 4 other weddings that week and 3 of them were on the same day as us...but I loved meeting the other brides!

      #1953 becks1581

      becks1581
      • Jr. Member
      • 477 posts

        Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

        So...I received confirmation today that we're booked for May 8, 2011 (and apparently I'm a bit of an over-planner as they told us that we're the very first wedding to book for May 2011). Even though we're still very far out, do you all think that I should try to contact an actual WC at the Royal just to introduce myself? I remember reading that sometimes Doreen doesn't communicate well with the WC's and that it has resulted in double booking, etc.

        VERY excited to officially have the date!!!!

        #1954 martin

        martin
        • Jr. Member
        • 343 posts

          Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

          the royal is a realy great hotel the beach is very nice and is very close to town you can walk to all over the places there you wont need taxis.
          if you have questions about this place i will be happy to help but do no hesitate to reserve your wedding there is nice.

          #1955 aerazo

          aerazo
          • Newbie
          • 109 posts

            Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:59 AM

            Maybride-
            your wedding pictures were beautiful! congrats again!

            Did you happen to have a symbolic ceremony? If so, did they say the normal ceremony stuff and the repeating of the vows? Just curious as to what is said during the symbolic ceremonies.

            Thanks!
            Adriana
            Adriana
            Royal Playa del Carmen
            April 23, 2010

            #1956 super19

            super19
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,123 posts

              Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by becks1581
              So...I received confirmation today that we're booked for May 8, 2011 (and apparently I'm a bit of an over-planner as they told us that we're the very first wedding to book for May 2011). Even though we're still very far out, do you all think that I should try to contact an actual WC at the Royal just to introduce myself? I remember reading that sometimes Doreen doesn't communicate well with the WC's and that it has resulted in double booking, etc.

              VERY excited to officially have the date!!!!
              Congrats on having your date confirmed! So exciting. IMO if you have specific questions, go ahead and contact a WC. Otherwise, I would wait until you have some questions compiled. Really, you can do whatever you are most comfortable with!

              #1957 aerazo

              aerazo
              • Newbie
              • 109 posts

                Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:02 PM

                Jesmcan -

                Did you ever speak with your TA and see if there are any closer options in Playa rather than using the catamaya folks?

                Thanks!
                Adriana
                Adriana
                Royal Playa del Carmen
                April 23, 2010

                #1958 jenconrad

                jenconrad
                • Newbie
                • 79 posts

                  Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:00 PM

                  Hi there

                  You are so lucky to be able to do a site visit! I am sure you have been told that a million times, haha. You probably are already checking this out, but any info you can get on an outside, closeby florist would be great. I wonder if the week of it would be to close for them to get an order done..another thing I am wondering is exactly how the beach setup for the luxury package will be done..dancefloor or no dancefloor, speakers or no speakers...etc. Have a great trip!

                  Jen

                  Royal Playa del Carmen
                  April 29th, 2010!
                  38 Guests booked!

                  #1959 Maybride2009

                  Maybride2009
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 408 posts

                    Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by aerazo
                    Maybride-
                    your wedding pictures were beautiful! congrats again!

                    Did you happen to have a symbolic ceremony? If so, did they say the normal ceremony stuff and the repeating of the vows? Just curious as to what is said during the symbolic ceremonies.

                    Thanks!
                    Adriana
                    Hi Adriana,
                    I had the civil ceremony in the morning at the gazebo and the "non denominational" ceremony on the beach in the evening.
                    The Civil was mostly vows and the jp speaking of marriage and the ND was a few readings and vows and then our own vows, it was very nice. I also had the hands poem read during our ceremony. You can play around with the ceremony more for the ND.
                    Hope that helps!
                    Michelle

                    #1960 jesmcan

                    jesmcan
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,091 posts

                      Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:18 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by aerazo
                      Jesmcan -

                      Did you ever speak with your TA and see if there are any closer options in Playa rather than using the catamaya folks?

                      Thanks!
                      Adriana
                      Hey Adriana,
                      I did and I was told there is nothing closer. The issue apprently is all catamarans dock at Puerto Morales. That is the main area assigned to them. But I was told its only a ten minute ride over. Doesn't seem to bad.
                      The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter