ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriswim View Post
Yeah that happened to me to! hahaha...oh well. I think its fine though i just keep emailing her once in a while with random questions so she doesn't forget about me!! heehee...Her Main question though that she keeps asking me is whether we are having a civil or religious ceremony. All we know is that we are getting Legally married in the US - just to keep the paperwork simple. But that's all she seems to care about...
She wants to know if you want the civil or religious ceremony so she can know which officiant/judge to book. They cannot confirm your date/time until they have confirmed it with the appropriate officiant to make sure they can make it at that specific time. Once she has booked your officiant, she will let you know and that's when you are confirmed for the ceremony.

For us it was easy since we had a friend officiate for us, we just told her the date and time and she just had to make sure there wasn't another wedding at the same time and then confirmed our date/time. I know it's kind of scary without a contract or deposit or anything, but it seemed to work out fine. Once you've sent her the back the booking form, wedding checklist, and reception & cocktail checklist (all of these which she sends you to fill out), it's all on file.

It was hard to get a hold of Micaela and sometimes I wouldn't hear back from her for weeks. I started getting responses when I wrote stuff like: I know you're really busy, and I appreciate everything you've done for me, but I really need to know __________. Thanks again for helping me.

After our wedding, I went to her office every day to try to thank her for her help, but she was hardly in her office because she was out doing weddings every day. So yea, I can see why it is so hard to get a response from her. Basically, once I received my confirmation for my date/time and sent her all the forms she needed, I didn't really try to contact her until the week before my wedding just to say, "I'm arriving next week for my wedding on May 13. Can't wait to meet you".

Oh yea, and close to the date, you should confirm with her the day and time you will meet with her in person once you're there. You'll also need to set up a meeting with Walter too, if you are having the reception there.

That is very helpful, thanks Aeroo.

Hey Aeroo, when you booked your wedding, did you have to select a pre-set Package, as listed on their site. I've now been told that we have to select one of the packages, and it doesn't sound like there is much room to "customize" some of the details...

Fortunately for us, the Star Crossed Lovers package has virtually all the things I would have liked anyway...I'm just not sure about a few things, and thought it would be interesting to chat with someone who had selected a package to see how things turned out.

When you have a second...just let me know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay2679 View Post
That is very helpful, thanks Aeroo.

Hey Aeroo, when you booked your wedding, did you have to select a pre-set Package, as listed on their site. I've now been told that we have to select one of the packages, and it doesn't sound like there is much room to "customize" some of the details...

Fortunately for us, the Star Crossed Lovers package has virtually all the things I would have liked anyway...I'm just not sure about a few things, and thought it would be interesting to chat with someone who had selected a package to see how things turned out.

When you have a second...just let me know!!
The wedding packages have changed recently, so we were using one of their older packages. The package that I chose was the symbolic ceremony package, which was $900. Because we were using our own officiant, the cost was $750, and we had made up the remaining $150 cost by purchasing flower petals, extra flowers for chairs, and upgrading our cake. Anything extra would have certainly been possible, you just pay for whatever extras you want. I believe to upgrade the cake it was an extra $3 per person. Flower petals were $20 per bag and we used 3 bags for our aisle.

Did you have anything specific in mind? Were you just wondering about the cost of the extra stuff like flowers for the centerpieces or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroo View Post
Did you have anything specific in mind? Were you just wondering about the cost of the extra stuff like flowers for the centerpieces or something?
I was just wondering about a bunch of stuff! Like, for example, in the new packages online, the Star Crossed Package, has a professional photographer and videographer included. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with them? Also, the spa services that are included in the package, I was wondering if you could select a spa service of equal or lessor value instead of those specified as (even though delicious) the chocolate body thing, doesn't appeal to either my FI or myself? Those types of things.

I received the flower selections list today, along with the other forms to fill out...so I think I am good on that stuff...for now!

Hello Everyone!

I feel so much better now that I have found this site, it's such a huge resource!! Thank you to everyone that contributes and helps out new brides!

I am getting married at the Royal as well cheesy.gif

I gathered a ton of pics for my guests, you can see them here:

Laszlo And Cristina Gallery

I have been trying to email the wedding co-ordinator there.. but received no response yet.. maybe you guys can help.

We want to do a symbolic wedding, and do the official paperwork when we get back home... does anyone know what would be involved?

I will try again.. and see if I can get an answer cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminie View Post
Hello Everyone!

I feel so much better now that I have found this site, it's such a huge resource!! Thank you to everyone that contributes and helps out new brides!
Hey there!

I just wanted to welcome you aboard, and congratulate you!

I'm confident that the coordinators at the Royal will get back to you...patience is just the key! They work on a much different schedule than we do here in Canada and the U.S! (As I'm sure you know by visiting there)! Not to mention that May and June are apparently their busiest season for weddings, and...here we are in June! My correspondence with one of the girls there has mentioned a few times now, how busy she is with all the weddings!

Good luck, and if you have any questions! Fire away!

Hi girls! Just a quick hello from St Lucia. I'm on my honeymoon now, but wanted to let you all know that my wedding at the Royal was fantastic! I plan to write a full review once we get home (in another week) and answer any of your questions then... for now, though, the wedding was amazing and the Royal exceeded my expectations. I also had communication problems beforehand, but once I was there both Zulma and Michaela were fabulous.... I really can't say enough about my wedding and time at the Royal (and I can be pretty picky!). I can't wait to share my review and pictures once I get back!

Thanks for the reassurances! I can't wait to get married there... my only concern right now is my friends/family's budget... Nov is low season (our date is Nov 5).. is there any way you guys think I'll be able to swing $1500/per person for one week as a group rate? (Flying from toronto?)

I was also thinking about flying from buffalo, I heard that it's cheaper by $200-$300 per person.

Also I've been working with someone from destinationweddings.com and I am not impressed at all.. so I'm going to as for my $50 deposit back.

I would like to work with a TA from here... any suggestions?

If some of my guests choose to stay at the Gran Porto .. does anyone know the updated day passes price? Not for the wedding... just for a regular day.

Also I remember reading on Trip Advisor.. that once people check into the Gran Porto they're offered to upgrade to the Royal for an extra $40/night... that seems super cheap... does anyone know if that's true??

Ok that's it for now... thanks again!