Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#1501 lexibride

lexibride
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

Thanks Shannon, I just assumed that if they wouldn't accomodate that many people for a restaurant for a wedding, that they wouldn't do it for a welcome dinner either. I just sent an email to my wedding planner, so hopefully she'll give me some advice.

Thanks!!

#1502 meli122

meli122
    • 269 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

Keep us posted lexibride on what your wedding planner says. We were thinking of having everyone meet at the buffet. We are expecting around 30 people so having a sit down dinner will be like have two reception dinners. Arh.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by lexibride
      Thanks Shannon, I just assumed that if they wouldn't accomodate that many people for a restaurant for a wedding, that they wouldn't do it for a welcome dinner either. I just sent an email to my wedding planner, so hopefully she'll give me some advice.

Thanks!!

#1503 jesmcan

jesmcan
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kriswim
        Hey Jesmcan -
        This may sound silly but i wore my heels on the beach when we did photos!!! I really wanted the look of shoes in the pics! Its wasn't hard to walk in either! haha - though when i went bare foot it was easier to walk but i was still glad i kept them on for the photo shoot! :-)
        Thanks Kriswim :) we are going to Playa this November and on one of the nights we go out my finace suggested I wear heels and we go walk on the beach to see lol I am glad it worked for you I also love the look and feel of heels
        The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#1504 traceyfranzel

traceyfranzel
        • 69 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:09 PM

I plan on getting monogrammed towels for everyone. I will ask the front desk to put them in each room as the guests arrive.

#1505 dcheung1111

dcheung1111
          • 68 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

Hello ladies!

It's been awhile since i've been on here - just catching up on postings.

Tightwhitey and Kriswim - congrats on your wedding!

Tightywhitey, your photos are so amazing! We also booked Elizabeth Medina. She is just awsome!

Also - welcome to all the noobies on the board - the 2010 ladies!

Question - is anyone planning on shipping down items for the wedding? I heard it's not recommended because shipments sometimes get lost - but i'm just trying to figure out how I am going to manage all of the favors and my dress! argh!

#1506 jesmcan

jesmcan
            • 1,091 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dcheung1111
              Hello ladies!

It's been awhile since i've been on here - just catching up on postings.

Tightwhitey and Kriswim - congrats on your wedding!

Tightywhitey, your photos are so amazing! We also booked Elizabeth Medina. She is just awsome!

Also - welcome to all the noobies on the board - the 2010 ladies!

Question - is anyone planning on shipping down items for the wedding? I heard it's not recommended because shipments sometimes get lost - but i'm just trying to figure out how I am going to manage all of the favors and my dress! argh!
              Hi Dcheung I live in Branford CT! Congrats on your very soon to be here wedding.

I am still in the early stages of planning but I did do some research on shipping as well. Like you said a lot of people said stuff gets lost. Did you consider asking any family members or friends to maybe help you bring stuff down?

Attached Files

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#1507 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
              • 408 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:44 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jesmcan
                Thanks Maybride :) did you wear flip flops?
                Nope I was totally barefoot and Loved it! Most of my guests wore flip flops or sandles of some sort

#1508 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
                • 408 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ajn714
                  Hi Maybride,

Congrats on your recent wedding! I've been reading a lot of your posts and you have answered so many of my questions! Thanks!

Quick question: I noticed that your wedding date was this July. I am thinking of our wedding for July or August 2010 because we're both teachers and have summers off. What was the weather like in July? Does this area of Mexico have a hurricane/rainy season that you have to worry about? Was it really hot? Should the time of the month effect my decision for a date?

Thanks so much for your help!
                  Yes it was hot...I enjoyed it, but a few of my larger guests had a problem with the heat. As you can tell my original date was May for that reason..but..well the swine flu happened and then I pushed it back to july as my mom and sister are teachers too.
                  I heard that June was the rainy season so I probably wouldn't book then.
                  With this all said...it was not unbearably hot...I enjoyed the heat. The pool was great to lounge in and everything around is air conditioned!

#1509 traceyfranzel

traceyfranzel
                  • 69 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:38 AM

My wedding is 3 months away and now I think I am starting to confuse myself & over think things!

With the new packages (we are going with the Luxury) this does include the dinner for up to 35 people, correct? I don't have to pay additional for food??!!??

#1510 traceyfranzel

traceyfranzel
                    • 69 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:41 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jesmcan
                      Hi Dcheung I live in Branford CT! Congrats on your very soon to be here wedding.

I am still in the early stages of planning but I did do some research on shipping as well. Like you said a lot of people said stuff gets lost. Did you consider asking any family members or friends to maybe help you bring stuff down?
                      I am trying to figure out the same thing. Our gifts to all guests will be monogrammed beach towels. There is NO way I can fit 30+ beach towels in my luggage. The only option I know of is to have it shipped there a head of time. If anyone knows of a better way, please let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter