Photo

Palace Resorts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lucky1

Lucky1
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:51 AM

Ok, this may have been answered before but I was wondering if anyone has had a symbolic wedding at any Palace Resort. I had inquired about a year ago and they said they only did civil or vow renewals.

Thanks

#2 FutureMrsWW

FutureMrsWW
    • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

Symbolic wedding...are you referring to a religious ceremony? If so, yes...Palace Resorts perform religious ceremonies. I am getting married at the Aventura Spa Palace this May and having a religious ceremony. However, since civil ceremonies are only recognized as legal in Mexico (for U.S. citizens), we will have both a judge and minitster. From what they have told me, the judge will sign the papers in the very beginning, 5 mins. and then the minister will conduct the ceremony (vows, rings, everything).

Hope this helps.

#3 OneLove

OneLove
      • 86 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:49 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lucky1
        Ok, this may have been answered before but I was wondering if anyone has had a symbolic wedding at any Palace Resort. I had inquired about a year ago and they said they only did civil or vow renewals.

Thanks
        If choosing a 'symbolic ceremony' because you are already legally married, then you would choose a vow renewal. Take a look at the requirements on the palaceresorts website for a vow renewal, and what all is included. To qualify, I believe you at least need to provide documentation that you are already legally married.

~andrea

#4 pixydustkr

pixydustkr
        • 35 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:42 AM

Why is there a difference between a vow renewal and a religious ceremony in the first place? We have to be "legally married" before we go to the Moon Palace since the religious ceremony is not legally binding. Also, I just got an e-mail from the Palace the other day about 'symbolic' ceremonies now being available. Naturally, I can't find it now... ugh...

#5 OneLove

OneLove
          • 86 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:29 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by pixydustkr
            Why is there a difference between a vow renewal and a religious ceremony in the first place? We have to be "legally married" before we go to the Moon Palace since the religious ceremony is not legally binding. Also, I just got an e-mail from the Palace the other day about 'symbolic' ceremonies now being available. Naturally, I can't find it now... ugh...
            Hi...

A religious ceremony is an optional service available to add onto a base wedding package (Civil, Vow Renewal, Symbolic; Not sure one would add this for a Catholic or Mayan Wedding package).

It does look like they have added a Symbolic Ceremony Wedding package that does not require the couple to be previously married. The Vow Renewal Package looks like they want a marriage certificate.

Link to Palace Resort wedding packages to see what's required for wedding package type, and which resort conducts which. Looks like they vary between palace resorts.
            http://www.palaceres....tinations.html

Optional Services for MP. Looks like optional service vary between palace resorts.
            http://www.palaceres....08&Resort=Moon

~andrea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter