Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun Photography and Videography


  • Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#1 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
  • Jr. Member
  • 466 posts

    Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

    I am having such a hard time going through all the threads and reading Photography and Videography information. Can we post all in one space so it is easier to read through? This is such an important part of the wedding and I want to be sure that I know what my options are.

    All Brides who have already used or decided on photography or video please post them here. Also, an explanation of your choice and experience if a past bride. I appreciate ANY input you may bring to this thread!

    Jen

    #2 Michelle&Steve

    Michelle&Steve
    • Jr. Member
    • 208 posts

      Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

      I booked Elizabeth Medina as my photographer and I'm using the videographer from Dreams.

      Elizabeth is wonderful.. Her work speaks for itself, and she's super nice! she is doing our wedding day and a TTD sessions! I have heard from several brides that she is great to work with!

      heres a link to the videographer at dreams: his work looks good, and brides who have had him said he did great work!

      Cancun Wedding Videos | Mayan Riviera Wedding Videographer | Miguel Cantarell - Wedding Videos


      hope that helps! good luck with choosing.. we're lucky being on here bc there are so many great options... my advice is figure out what you want for photography/video (in terms of hours, etc..) and your budget, and then go from there...
      "Woohoo!! Time to get married!

      www.steveandmich.com

      86 booked so far!!!http://tickers.Ticke....9414/event.png

      #3 dinogomez.com

      dinogomez.com
      • Sr. Member
      • 5,705 posts

        Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:46 AM

        Try using the search feature, just put the topic you're interested in.

        Happy Planing

        #4 jean-marcus

        jean-marcus
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,565 posts

          Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:48 AM

          did you go into the vendor listing and look at the photographers.

          i agree there should just be one thread with every photographer listed and one for every videographer listed...

          #5 JODEY

          JODEY
          • Jr. Member
          • 344 posts

            Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:25 PM

            This is also something that I find personally a major important part of the planning. I would also like to hear as much info regarding this as possible, at the moment one of my options are sticking with the photographer that Dreams provides but going for an upgrade, But I'm open to suggestions....

            #6 rodent

            rodent

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

              Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:27 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by JODEY
              This is also something that I find personally a major important part of the planning. I would also like to hear as much info regarding this as possible, at the moment one of my options are sticking with the photographer that Dreams provides but going for an upgrade, But I'm open to suggestions....
              have you seen his website? He is pretty good.

              #7 rodent

              rodent

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

                Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Michelle&Steve
                I booked Elizabeth Medina as my photographer and I'm using the videographer from Dreams.

                Elizabeth is wonderful.. Her work speaks for itself, and she's super nice! she is doing our wedding day and a TTD sessions! I have heard from several brides that she is great to work with!

                heres a link to the videographer at dreams: his work looks good, and brides who have had him said he did great work!

                Cancun Wedding Videos | Mayan Riviera Wedding Videographer | Miguel Cantarell - Wedding Videos...
                I didn't know Miguel did video for dreams. He is very good. If I had the budget for video, I would hire him. I am impressed with the options dreams gives for videographer & photographer. My hotel photographer is not very impressive so I booked an outside photographer.

                #8 lucy106

                lucy106
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,880 posts

                  Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:31 PM

                  I am using the Dreams photographer (Juan Navarro, I emailed him and he confirmed he is the DC photographer www.juanphotos.com) and the DC videographer. I am using Cecila Dumas for our TTD session www.ceciladumas.com

                  #9 JODEY

                  JODEY
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 344 posts

                    Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:41 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lucy106
                    I am using the Dreams photographer (Juan Navarro, I emailed him and he confirmed he is the DC photographer www.juanphotos.com) and the DC videographer. I am using Cecila Dumas for our TTD session www.ceciladumas.com
                    Hi Lucy, I just wondered why it is that people tend to use someone different for the TTD ? Also have you decided if you are upgrading your photopraphy package yet ? I know we kind of touched on this subject on the main "DREAMS" thread, Daniella confirmed that the photos you get with the ultimate package are not any of the packages that you can upgrade to. I thought it was package 3 that was included. She also said that there wouldn't be a credit against any of the other packages, these can only be added, hope this helps x

                    #10 jean-marcus

                    jean-marcus
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,565 posts

                      Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JODEY
                      Hi Lucy, I just wondered why it is that people tend to use someone different for the TTD ? Also have you decided if you are upgrading your photopraphy package yet ? I know we kind of touched on this subject on the main "DREAMS" thread, Daniella confirmed that the photos you get with the ultimate package are not any of the packages that you can upgrade to. I thought it was package 3 that was included. She also said that there wouldn't be a credit against any of the other packages, these can only be added, hope this helps x
                      usually people go with someone different because the local photographers are booked up or dont offer ttd's shoots. or maybe they just really love their work and want to have them do their shoot but are going to save money by going with the resort photographer. theres lots of different reasons. typically when you bring in a photographer from outside with you they tend to be there a few days with you so they will include the TTD.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter