Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#891 yamille

yamille
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

Kelly your pics are gorgeous!

Has anyone used the mariachis that paradisus provides? How were they? The price tag is steep for 45 min IMO- as I have said before and I have been working on using an outside vendor (I'll keep you posted.. still figuring that out). Kelly, Missy, Rebecca? I can't remember hearing about that in your reviews. In some cases it's worth paying the outside vendor fee because it's still significantly cheaper than the paradisus rate so I was just wondering what everyone else was planning to do...

#892 cac239

cac239
    • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by KLC77
      Thanks everyone. Here are a couple more pics I posted. I'm working on a review.

http://bestdestinati....555#post665197
      Hi Kelley,
      Your pics look great so far!!!

Could you tell me what the lighting was like on the terrace at night
      We are having our wedding at 5:00 and I am concerned about the lighting for the photographer during the reception etc..

Thanks!

#893 KLC77

KLC77
      • 2,207 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by cac239
        Hi Kelley,
        Your pics look great so far!!!

Could you tell me what the lighting was like on the terrace at night
        We are having our wedding at 5:00 and I am concerned about the lighting for the photographer during the reception etc..

Thanks!
        What month is your wedding? During our stay it was completely dark out by 5:45ish every night. The deck was not too dark though. We added paper lanterns to the ceiling, but they weren't really needed for light, more just decoration. It will really depend on what month you are there tho.
        ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#894 Meredith

Meredith
        • 54 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

I wanted to play a slide show of bride/groom baby photos at the rehersal dinner. Have any of you done this and know if they can set something up for this?

Thanks,

Meredith

#895 KLC77

KLC77
          • 2,207 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

Here it is girls... my review

http://bestdestinati....687#post667487
            ~Kelly

#896 egsarah

egsarah
            • 355 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

Hey girls!
              The resort finally got back to me and we are BOOKED!! December 12, 2009!! SOOOO excited to be a Paradisus bride!!

#897 yamille

yamille
              • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by egsarah
                Hey girls!
                The resort finally got back to me and we are BOOKED!! December 12, 2009!! SOOOO excited to be a Paradisus bride!!
                Congrats and welcome to the paradisus page!

So I decided to book the mariachi band through ajua weddings. They are planners but can arrange things separately if you don't need full service. The 6 person mariachi band ends up being $725 which included the band, transportation and the coordinator fee. I know that I still need to tack on the $300 outside vendor fee but it's still a little less than going straight through PRC.

On another note.. for the ladies that already got married at PRC- did you feel that the fans were necessary for the ceremony? When we went for our site visit I remember there being a very strong breeze so I'm curious. I think they look pretty on the chair but am wondering if they are really "needed". Your input is appreciated!

#898 yamille

yamille
                • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

Quote:
                  Hey girls!

So I decided to book the mariachi band through ajua weddings. They are planners but can arrange things separately if you don't need full service. The 6 person mariachi band ends up being $725 which included the band, transportation and the coordinator fee. I know that I still need to tack on the $300 outside vendor fee but it's still a little less than going straight through PRC.

On another note.. for the ladies that already got married at PRC- did you feel that the fans were necessary for the ceremony? When we went for our site visit I remember there being a very strong breeze so I'm curious. I think they look pretty on the chair but am wondering if they are really "needed". Your input is appreciated!

#899 KLC77

KLC77
                  • 2,207 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by yamille

Yamille~ don't get fans! It was windy, no one needed them. Not one was used. And they take up a lot of space to pack, even though they don't weigh much. They are one of the things I wouldn't do again. They are a cute idea, but not needed IMO.
                    ~Kelly

#900 KLC77

KLC77
                    • 2,207 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

Quote:
                      Hey girls!
                      Congratulations egsarah. You will love it!
                      ~Kelly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter