Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#2371 avong1228

avong1228
  • 384 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

Agreed ladies! Dumb!

I had not heard anything about paying extra if they don't use your travel agent. How would the resort know?? I think that is false. People can book anyway they want as long they stay at the resort.

#2372 MayanLily

MayanLily
    • 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

I wish I would have thought of this 6 months ago but now I dont have a clue what to do in regards to the day pass! I have 10 ppl staying elsewhere. That's $10,000!!!!

Is it really tacky to make them pay for their own day pass I will definatly call them and give them a heads up about this. I just can't afford this.
      Aly

#2373 sarahrose

sarahrose
      • 77 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hey Aly,
        It's $1,000 for 10 people. It's a tough call. I was trying to figure out if I would pay for guests not staying at the resort too, but luckily all of mine seem to be booking at the NOW Sapphire.

I do not understand why it would be if they do not book through my travel agent that we would have to pay extra for them. I am now checking with all of my guests to see if they have booked through other means because I need to them to send a note to the hotel and cc my TA so they count toward our numbers and we don't get charged. I'm still baffled by this!

Sarah

#2374 MayanLily

MayanLily
        • 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

Oh geez! Too many zeros! LOL

So, I still don't understand what you will have to pay extra for? Don't they just book their trips and you pay for the wedding/dinner ect.. Are you getting some kind of deal if you book a certain amount or something? Who told you this was their policy? It seems far too stupid to be true! lol
          Aly

#2375 avong1228

avong1228
          • 384 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

I am asking my guests to pay for the day pass but so far we don't have anyone staying elsewhere. We put it on our website and invitations the fee.

Yeah, I think your TA might be pulling one over on you to get people to book with them. It shouldn't matter how they book unless you have block rooms or something but still. I don't understand.

#2376 MayanLily

MayanLily
            • 316 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

Angie, wish we would have thought of that earlier. Putting it on the website and invites. Now it's too late. I think I will call all 10 individually and appoligize profusely. I would personally be livid if someone told me I had to pay to get into their wedding (especially after paying for a trip to Mexico to go!) When you look at the big picture though, is it really fair for the bride/groom to pay for 10 ppl who decided to be difficult and stay elsewhere?

Not looking forward to these phone calls I will have to make....
              Aly

#2377 avong1228

avong1228
              • 384 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

Aly, why don't you just say you just found out and you feel really bad and will pick up the cost and just see what they say. I'm sure you'll get a few that say no they'll get it. Just ask if they are sure and hopefully they say yes!

#2378 MayanLily

MayanLily
                • 316 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

That's a good idea Angie. I'll talk to the FI about that. Hopefully they all say they'll pay and problem solved.
                  Aly

#2379 avong1228

avong1228
                  • 384 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:06 AM

Have you heard anything recently from the hotel? It's been about 2 weeks for me and we are supposed to be down there on the 17th. Can't wait!!

#2380 sarahrose

sarahrose
                    • 77 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

How many of you are planning on doing the legal wedding there? Are you at all nervous it won't be legal here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter