sorry, it came out so HUGE!!! LOL
    Aly

#2282 Jamon24

Jamon24
    • 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MayanLily
      Angie, I thought that too but what they told me at the Jewellery store was this. EMS do have ways to get these rings off. The downside is that when they remove the ring, it shatters. Unlike gold where they can make a clean cut and salvage the ring, Tungsten shatter into a million piece. Its' called something like "dryfreeze" it...? We figured that if it even came to that, we could suck it up and buy a new one! We went into a dozen stores and they all said the same thing. One lady however said something to the effect of the possibility of Tungsten getting brittle after 30 yrs but that hasn't been proven since, the metal hasn't been around that long yet.... hmmm? Something to think about but she was the only one that pointed that out and again.... 30 yrs later, maybe he deserves a new shiny ring!

here my sister's dress Jamon
      Click the image to open in full size.

Really Pretty! Love the color :)

#2283 avong1228

avong1228
      • 384 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

Very pretty!!

#2284 ktchi

ktchi
        • 220 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

Hi everyone,
          I got a bit more information from the hotel so I thought I would share. I posted the information for the divine package a few posts ago- so now I got the information for the Now to Eternity Package.
          The hors d' oevres included (not sure for which package) are:
          Ham And Asparragus
          Assorted Cheese Tray with Crackers
          Tuna Mousse On Toasted Rounds
          I am not thrilled with these and will ask if it is possible to change them.
          The Food options for the NTE package are:
          APPETIZERS
          Tuna tartar with sesame seeds and fresh coriander, sesame crisp and sweet soy sauce
          Spinach salad with goat cheese, roasted apples and walnut confit; mustard dressing
          Caesar salad, garlic croutons and parmesan cheese

SOUPS
          Mushrooms and squash blossom soup with parmesan cheese
          Creamy cheese and corn mushroom soup
          French onion soup

MAIN COURSES
          Supreme of chicken; spicy almond sauce, fetuccini and saut©ed vegetables
          Beef tournedos Duo; tomato and green pepper sauce
          Fish filet; white whine creamy sauce, rice and vegetables

You must choose one from each category that everyone will eat. The cost per person after the included 25 is $15 pp for the cocktail hour and $48 pp for the reception. There is also a fee for the open bar which I think I misquoted in my last post. I believe it is $350.

To have the Ipod set up with speakers it is $100 per hour.

They will set up some decorations for you without a fee, but if it is extensive they will charge you. There is only a centerpiece for the Bride and Groom's table included in the packages. I think that is all I got for now. My wedding is in 3 weeks so I will let you know how it goes.

#2285 avong1228

avong1228
          • 384 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

Great info! Do you know what you'll choose yet? Did they say how much extra for centerpieces on the other tables? I assume there is still an outside vendor fee?? Also is th eopen bar thing for the cocktail hour and reception? How long?

Thanks!!

Angie

#2286 sarahrose

sarahrose
            • 77 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:11 PM

is anyone using a band or dj? if so, which?

#2287 avong1228

avong1228
              • 384 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

Im using dj moremixx!

#2288 ktchi

ktchi
                • 220 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by avong1228
                  Great info! Do you know what you'll choose yet? Did they say how much extra for centerpieces on the other tables? I assume there is still an outside vendor fee?? Also is th eopen bar thing for the cocktail hour and reception? How long?

Thanks!!

Angie
                  We are not sure which package we will choose yet. We are doing the Mexican Buffet instead of the package foods which they are honoring because we requested it before they changed over- but we have to pay the difference in costs. The open Bar is for the cocktail hour and for the reception for 1 hour cocktail and 3 hour reception. The outside vendor fee it still $300. I hope I am not misquoting anything, this is what I've been told, but sometimes I get more than one answer for the same question- so I would double check everything with them. I did not ask about centerpieces because we aren't doing any.

I have to say I am getting excited because they are much more responsive to all of my questions now that we are 3 weeks away. I was starting to get really scared because they weren't responding and we were getting close to our date, but I think it will all work out.

#2289 avong1228

avong1228
                  • 384 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:10 AM

What about swapping things out? I already have a photog so I wouldn't want that in the package ... any word on that?

Also, is the day passes the same?

I'm so glad they are being more responsive! 3 weeks ... yahhh! How exciting!

#2290 ktchi

ktchi
                    • 220 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by avong1228
                      What about swapping things out? I already have a photog so I wouldn't want that in the package ... any word on that?

Also, is the day passes the same?

I'm so glad they are being more responsive! 3 weeks ... yahhh! How exciting!
                      I am not sure about swapping with the packages- they seem to be adhering to them. We also already have a photographer, so I am not sure what we will do about that. They let us change the food, but not without checking with the higher ups and I think mostly because we pulled the "we wanted it before you changed" card. I also am not sure about the day passes- all of our guests are staying at the resort. I believe it is still the same. Sorry I wasn't more informative this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter