Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#2191 avong1228

avong1228
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, the message is very vague. It should direct you to what it will be.

#2192 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
    • 283 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

Its going to be named Sapphire... i think that sounds really tacky just my opinion though.

#2193 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
      • 283 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

Yeah you are right about that!!! Glad the change is happening now.

I cant believe that more people didnt find out about this forum (unless they are just lurking), especially since there are weddings there every weekend.

#2194 MayanLily

MayanLily
        • 316 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:39 PM

OK this worries me. I can't get a hold of my TA either because its after hours! If you ladies find anything else out, please post. I have to wait until Monday to contact my TA. Has anyone called the phone number they posted?
          Aly

#2195 MayanLily

MayanLily
          • 316 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

I just called the 1888 # and she was totally useless. Wouldn't even tell me who bought out the resort! She said someone will be contacting all wedding reservations "shortly". We all know what "shortly" means in Mexican!

ok...breathe Alyssa....
            Aly

#2196 ktchi

ktchi
            • 220 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

How did you find out about who bought the hotel? Is there a new website? Does anyone have any information?

#2197 MayanLily

MayanLily
              • 316 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

I emailed NOW so hopefully they know more than Paradisus does...

Also Lauren, kudos to your TA for being on top of things. The change apparently happened today.
                Aly

#2198 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
                • 283 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

My TA is with destinationweddings.com - and I believe that since they are so big they get info a lot faster? From what she heard, NOW resorts are taking over. Which I told Kelly isnt a bad thing since they own Secrets, Dreams, etc. I'm just worried about all of my guest that made reservations through Paradisus website in the past few weeks because the rates were so great. Our TA said they will honor it for sure and this might even be better for us to get an overall better rate. We shall see!! Destination weddings are "less stressful" right? ughh

#2199 avong1228

avong1228
                  • 384 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:11 PM

Keep us all posted if you hear anything. You never know, it may be better ... maybe they'll upgrade the place and work out any kinks. Trying to be optimistic!!

#2200 ktchi

ktchi
                    • 220 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

So I just heard from my travel agent. The resort e-mailed her and this is what they said.

Please note that as of May 1, 2010 Paradisus Riviera Cancun will no longer be part of the Paradisus Sol Melia group.
                      They will be part of AMResorts. The new name will be NOW Sapphire.
                      Please let your clients know.
                      There will NO changes to the resort except for the name

So hopefully everything will be alright. Our wedding is in 5 weeks I hope they don't decide to do anything crazy between now and then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter