Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1931 avong1228

avong1228
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

Jaccat15, do you mind if I ask what the cost of the catamaran is and who you are using?

#1932 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
    • 283 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:38 AM

Kellie - for sure there are four embassador suites at this location, she said they around around 600-800 per night though and we need to talk to your TA's about getting upgraded to that... we picked to have the ceremony on the beach and the reception and the outdoor semi-covered area.

#1933 avong1228

avong1228
      • 384 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:47 AM

It all adds up so quickly doesn't it? Thankfully my sister who is also one of my BM has offered to host the cocktail reception so that is very nice.

What is everyone doing for decorations, linens, centerpieces, aisle decor, etc.? I am leaning towards very minimal as I think the beach scenery is decor enough ... plus everything is so darn expensive. I think I'll bring my own chair sashes and maybe overlays with no centerpiece and that's really it. Do you think that will work or what else can I do that won't cost me a fortune?

#1934 avong1228

avong1228
        • 384 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

I like the idea of floating candles but that would mean I would have to bring the blass container with me which I am afraid of. Any advice there?

#1935 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
          • 283 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:17 PM

Oh!! I forgot to mention.. I met one of the guys from Swank (Luis)! He was very, very nice and helpful.. made us a lot more comfortable meeting him!

#1936 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
            • 283 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

Kellie just like he told me.. its our day! We can tell him whatever we want to hear!! If he doesnt have the song, he will find it! I havent seen his excel sheet yet, I was just do the "Control F" to find the songs you are looking for. Dont let that 6000+ songs scare you!! Just make sure you have the ones that must be played at the top of your list :)

#1937 MissyR

MissyR
              • 1,210 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

In terms of number of wedding per day - we were the only one on our day but I think a lot of it depends on how big your group is as well. We used Swank and were extremely happy - to be honest - i didn't even look at the song list - I just sent him our "must play songs"

In terms of a rehearsal dinner, we had the separate area of the buffet just for us and Perla set it up with all our welcome bags etc. It was awesome!

#1938 jaccat15

jaccat15
                • 196 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:40 PM

I have a question - since we gave our deposit last week for our date, we haven't really heard back from anyone since. Cecilia finally emailed me tonight after 2 days of basically begging her to confirm my date and the site visit date - has this happend to anyone else?
                  Now that it's all confirmed and we are going down in march to check everything out, is there someone who will be in touch with me about planning or do we do all that when we get there?
                  I'm feeling kind of put off by this for some reason - shouldn't they be communicating with me and planning things out? I'm confused :/

#1939 jaccat15

jaccat15
                  • 196 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:52 PM

thanks! i think i need to get used to not having everyone in NYC time :) i'm sure it will work out. can't wait to start planning everything!

#1940 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
                    • 283 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:34 AM

So anyone that already got married at the resort - what did you do at night? The "disco" was the only thing I was a little disappointed about... is there a night life close by in Playa del Carmen? Thanks! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter