Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abegail View Post
I need some serious help planning! my date is October 16 of this year!! Any tips? what about food?
Welcome! There is a ton of information in this thread about food, dj and photog. One suggestion would be to look through the last 20 pages of posts - that is the most recent stuff - and see what the most current PRC brides are doing!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been MIA for a bit...so busy with the move, and throwing a baby shower for my sister, and work! I guess it's about time I got down to business with some more planning for the actual wedding. I sent the invites out and we got our first RSVP back yesterday. I already knew they were coming, but it was exciting nonetheless! Hope everyone's planning is going well! I can't believe I have less then 5 months...how did that happenhuh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

well it's finally official- I will be a Paradisus Riviera Cancun bride. Perla seemed to want me to start making decisions now- I wasn't expecting that and really have no idea what I want. I am just happy to have finally picked a place. How far in advance did you all start really planning the wedding?

Also- I know I asked this already- but I am really having trouble with the travel agent and the hotel. We wanted to get a room block through the hotel so that our room might be free- but the travel agent said he couldn't place our guests in the room block that we set up through the hotel so anyone who books through him wouldn't count towards the room block- so now I am thinking we'd rather not go with the travel agent and try to fill the room block in order to get the free room. Did anyone else also have this problem?

i just moved my wedding from Paradisus Costa Rica to Paradisus Mexico...I need to get a hold of Perla to make sure my day is available...i loved costa rica but the flights were so expensive....Does anyone have Perla's phone number or email address. I am waiting to make sure the date is free before i tell ppl to buy flights and for what date.

Jeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktchi View Post
well it's finally official- I will be a Paradisus Riviera Cancun bride. Perla seemed to want me to start making decisions now- I wasn't expecting that and really have no idea what I want. I am just happy to have finally picked a place. How far in advance did you all start really planning the wedding?

Also- I know I asked this already- but I am really having trouble with the travel agent and the hotel. We wanted to get a room block through the hotel so that our room might be free- but the travel agent said he couldn't place our guests in the room block that we set up through the hotel so anyone who books through him wouldn't count towards the room block- so now I am thinking we'd rather not go with the travel agent and try to fill the room block in order to get the free room. Did anyone else also have this problem?

hi all i have a serious question...if i get married (in the courts) in NY do i still have to go early to mexico to do the blood test?

I am wondering if i still need to go 4 days before to do the blood test if i just have a cermony. Does anyone know? if this is the case then how early in advance do i need to get married out here before the DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve&Julia View Post
hi all i have a serious question...if i get married (in the courts) in NY do i still have to go early to mexico to do the blood test?
I am wondering if i still need to go 4 days before to do the blood test if i just have a cermony. Does anyone know? if this is the case then how early in advance do i need to get married out here before the DW
No you don't have to go early to get the blood tests done if you are getting married at home. The blood tests are only if you are legally getting married in mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyschmidt85 View Post
No you don't have to go early to get the blood tests done if you are getting married at home. The blood tests are only if you are legally getting married in mexico.
Thank you so much. I guess ill get married here the month before and then head over there.

Awsome now if Perla can just get back to me

Hi Girls - Can't believe I'm down to 2 months now! Does anyone plan to ship anything directly to Perla (like favors, etc)? Any advice on this - best carrier? How much time we should allow?

Hi Steve&Julia - this is what I have for Perla:

Perla Cervantes Moreno

Gerente de Romance

Romance Manager

Paradisus Riviera Cancun

Tel: 52 (99cool.gif 872 83 83 ext 8046

Fax: 52 (99cool.gif 872 83 90

E-mail: romance.paradisus.riviera.cancun@solmelia.com

Romance website: Paradisus All Inclusive Luxury Resorts - Romance by Paradisus - Romantic All-Inclusive Luxury Resorts

Thanks!

Brooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarrabrooke View Post
Hi Girls - Can't believe I'm down to 2 months now! Does anyone plan to ship anything directly to Perla (like favors, etc)? Any advice on this - best carrier? How much time we should allow?

Hi Steve&Julia - this is what I have for Perla:

Perla Cervantes Moreno
Gerente de Romance
Romance Manager
Paradisus Riviera Cancun

Tel: 52 (99cool.gif 872 83 83 ext 8046
Fax: 52 (99cool.gif 872 83 90
E-mail: romance.paradisus.riviera.cancun@solmelia.com
Romance website: Paradisus All Inclusive Luxury Resorts - Romance by Paradisus - Romantic All-Inclusive Luxury Resorts

Thanks!
Brooke
thanks Brooke,

I am going to call her I have since last friday or thursday waiting for an answer from her. is she normally this slow at responding?

question what time is everyones wedding?

I was offered 7pm but i think thats sort of late and i dont want to take pictures before the wedding. i'd like him to see me in the dress when we get married not on the beach

Unfortunately, she is pretty slow at responding this far out, but the closer your wedding, the quicker her response. We're 2 months away now, so she has been much more responsive, but that's still 3-5 days turnaround. When you start communicating about details, I've found it's best to give her a numbered list of questions and do this at least a week in advance before you the need answers. She'll answer directly to each question with a detailed response. Try not to let it discourage you though. From what the other Paradisus brides have said, she gets the job done and it turns out beautifully.

My wedding ceremony is at 4:30pm, but it's in mid-November. The sunsets earlier and we want to have a pre-sunset ceremony, with the sun going down during cocktail hour into dinner.

Hope this helps!

Brooke