Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1691 yolyd75

yolyd75
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

For all the former paradisus brides that got thier wedding day make up done at the paradisus.. How was your experience? Is it true some stuff they use looks old and dated? What about the hairstylist? Does anyone have a negative/positive experience they would like to share?

#1692 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:13 AM

To be fair I think the make-up and hair at the Paradisus has received mixed reviews. One of my friends who was attending is a MAC make-up artist so I can't speak to the Paradisus make-up.

On the hair front - the only issue I really had was due to the language barrier. I had Laticia - she was sweet - but didn't speak a stitch of English. I did take a ton of pictures with me to show her what I wanted and she did a great job - although it's hard to explain if you want it a bit different for example from the picture.

I was happy with the outcome - she did my sister and my mom and MIL and we were all satisfied. They used a lot of spray - which ended up being a godsend because of the wind, heat and humidity.

#1693 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

I brought my MUA with me (and can give you her contact info if you want - she was spectacular).

Leticia did my hair and I LOVED the way it came out. I think I remember someone saying she wasn't there when they got married - maybe she's gone and maybe she was just on vacation or something. There is a language barrier, but I brought photos, too, and she did a great job.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#1694 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • LocationNew York

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

Ooh, also, if you go down for a site visit, you can request a hair trial - it's a bit cheaper than the real one, and does wonders for peace of mind.

#1695 navarrabrooke

navarrabrooke
      • 62 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MissyR
        Welcome to all the new Paradisus Brides! For those who are interested - I have attached the sand ceremony we used
        Hi MissyR - Can you email me the sand ceremony doc? I can't download it for some reason. My email is: navarrabrooke@hotmail.com

Thanks so much!
        Brooke

#1696 ktchi

ktchi
        • 220 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

Hi,
          I was just wondering if anyone knew how much an airport transfer to and from the Paradisus costs?

#1697 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • LocationNew York

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

There are a ton of options for transfers - private, semi-private, taxi, etc.

I think the semi-private that the hotel arranged cost us $18 per person. IWe booked through Cancun Valet and they were great. The private transfers were around the same, maybe a little less, and I think the private transfers were $55 per car, for however many people you could fit. They also do limos, etc., if you want something special.

Send a note to Vic at Cancun Valet (you can google them) and they'll give you the full spectrum of prices.

#1698 bumbles

bumbles
          • 574 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:23 PM

I didn't have a good hair trial at all. Leticia wasn't there when I was at the resort. I recommend a trial and a backup plan if you decide to go with PRC. I didn't inquire about makeup services, but did see some makeup that was on the counter at the salon and it looked kinda old. Again, I didn't inquire about it, but what I saw was not impressive.

ktchi, have you looked at booking via a travel agent? Many of their packages include rt ground transportation. Our guests didn't have problems with cabs. The taxi queue at the airport is very well organized and getting a cab from the resort is really easy.

Have you heard from Perla about your date yet? It might be worth it to give her a call and lock down the date. Congrats :)

#1699 SamG

SamG
            • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

NAVARRABROOKE, we are doing a sit down dinner with 3 courses and the cake. We're arriving on 11-1 and leaving on 11-11 so you'll be getting there on our last day I'm going to be soooo jealous of you!

YOLYD75, I live in woodrow! I'm a native Staten Islander, how about you?

MISSYR, I also am having difficulty down loading the sand ceremony and would love to see it! If you could possibly PM me, it's Samanthagriffin2@aol.com.... Thanks so much in advance!

#1700 cac239

cac239
              • 37 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:45 PM

Hello all,
                It's been a while since I have been on but I just finally caught up on all these great posts.

I was going to do the whole Ipod/Sound-dock route and forgo the dj but I think for peace of mind and one less thing to worry about I have decided to go w/ a DJ. I know the 2 predominent DJ's on here are Swank & Carlo and was curious as to what I can expect to pay?? Did you find that they negotiated with you on price??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter