Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1621 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

Yamille- I got the star fish!! Thanks so much:)

#1622 bumbles

bumbles
    • 574 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:54 PM

Hi ladies, I just posted our slideshow :) http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45470

#1623 SMB&CRZ

SMB&CRZ
      • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

Yamille, love the pictures. Especially the ones of hubby seeing you for the first time all dressed up. So cute!

#1624 SMB&CRZ

SMB&CRZ
        • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

I need some opinions. We are having a suit made for FH. I need to decide what colour shirt to have him wear. It'll be a beigey coloured linen suit. My dress is ivory. Should I try to match my ivory, or would it look ok if his shirt is white? I'm worried that if we try to match ivory, it'll be off and look weird, and that if we go white, it'll make my dress look 'dirty' coloured.

#1625 yamille

yamille
          • 1,460 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

Hi Ladies,
            Thanks for the pic compliments! I can't wait to get them all. That slideshow is holding me over though. :)
            Glad you got the starfish Lauren- your date is right around the corner!

SMB- I vote either he wears ivory to match your dress(might be hard though?) or have a pop of color- no white. That's what my dh did and he had a beige suite. But I don't know if you are anti color.

#1626 SMB&CRZ

SMB&CRZ
            • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

Thanks Yamille. I clearly messed you and Bumbles up in my post there. I was talking about Bumbles pics of hubby seeing her for the first time.

I also looked at yours. I really like the blue shirt...but my colours are bright pink and green and FH isn't so keen on wearing either of those with his suit. He didn't mind blue, but I am thinking it would look rather random, since I wouldn't have that colour anywhere else.

Bumbles, what colour dress and shirt did you 2 have?

#1627 navarrabrooke

navarrabrooke
              • 62 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

Hi Girls! Haven't been on here for a while. Just caught up with everyone. Yamille & Fanny, love your pics. So inspiring!

The fire dancers would have been great. Please post if there are any other performance ideas out there!

Thanks much!
                Brooke

#1628 bumbles

bumbles
                • 574 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

My dress is "natural white" which resembled a light ivory to me. FI wore a white linen shirt with his beige linen suit. We forgot think about the white vs ivory color difference! It didn't bother me, but I can see how a off-white or color shirt would be ideal.

Have you selected the gm outfits yet?

Brooks Brothers makes shirts in an ecru color - might be too yellow?
                  Brooks Brothers | Men | Slim Fit | Non-Iron Slim Fit Pinpoint Button-Down Dress Shirt

Perhaps a light blue striped shirt for a subtle touch of color:
                  TOMMY HILFIGER Online Store - USA-Fine Linen Stripe Shirt

If you are going for a classic pretty beach look:
                  Vineyard Vines Men's Shirts

HTH!

Brooke, perhaps a small group of Mexican folk dancers? The dancing is so festive.

#1629 bumbles

bumbles
                  • 574 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:01 PM

A light, subtle green: Broletto Trim Fit Textured Dress Shirt - Dress Shirts - Nordstrom

#1630 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                    • 4,881 posts
                    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                    • LocationNew York

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:45 AM

On the shirts front, DH wore an ecru linen suit with a white suit, and my dress was ivory as well. He also wore a pink and blue tie, so maybe that broke it up a bit, but I thought it looked great!

We thought about a cream colored shirt, but decided that he would be too monochrome if he were in all cream.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter