Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

FI calls me bumblebee blush2.gif I wanted to change it for job reasons.

Yamille, we leave on the 19th for Playa del Carmen. When do you guys arrive at the resort?

I remember reading that Paradisus has many color options for tablecloths. Is there a color they don't have?

I plan on having 1 large white candle in a hurricane vase and a few smaller white votives on the table, all filled with sand. I attached my table signs but the colors will be changed to bold than pastel. What color should table cloths should be? White? Would that be too white?

Maybe I should rethink the table number colors? Or am I putting too much thought into this...

What do you think?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bumbles - you can never put too much thought into it -- I am a total detail whore. Lollol ... I didnt get to look at your table numbers because I'm at work and I hate to download things onto my work computer. I dont want to get in any trouble!! I think that all of that white will give everything a very fresh and pure look, which could be very chic at the beach. Its a total personal preference. I haven't gotten to see the colors that they have for linens as of yet. I'm going down in a couple of weeks to meet with Perla in person to make all of my choices.

I am not a big poster on this board. I tend to post much more on the Destination Weddings board of theknot. But I do read all of your posts everyday! I actually get an email update every morning on my blackberry that I totally look forward to (I know, what a geek). Either way, I appreciate all of your experiences as they've taught me TONS as I go through this process!!

Becks - I love your website and new venture. It can be so inspirational being a DIY bride. I am too and I've LOVED creating. If you can turn it into a business, what could be better?!? Good luck!

Lastly, everytime I actually log onto the site (rather than reading on my BB) I see that Missy is still banned and it is so crazy to me!! How can that be? It seems like its been forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbles View Post
FI calls me bumblebee blush2.gif I wanted to change it for job reasons.

Yamille, we leave on the 19th for Playa del Carmen. When do you guys arrive at the resort?

I remember reading that Paradisus has many color options for tablecloths. Is there a color they don't have?

I plan on having 1 large white candle in a hurricane vase and a few smaller white votives on the table, all filled with sand. I attached my table signs but the colors will be changed to bold than pastel. What color should table cloths should be? White? Would that be too white?

Maybe I should rethink the table number colors? Or am I putting too much thought into this...

What do you think?
Bumbles- We will probably get to the resort around 1:00 on the 19th. Our flight arrives at like 11:30 I think. bags, transport, checking in...
Your tablescape sounds nice. Did you ever confirm the hurricane vase with Perla that I mentioned? I am going to send her a long email tonight. I have questions... what else is new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarrabrooke View Post
So I'm getting lots of questions about whether or not to buy the travel insurance along with the DWT travel package. We purchased it when we booked our trip. I'm waiting to hear back on what all it covers. Is it absolutely necessary? What do you think?
I bought the insurance.. I was hesitant but I thought well what if something happens. So we did. I remember asking a while back and some other TA's said yes. It covers if any weather issues or if flight changes happen or any sort of "catastrophe" happens.

Bumbles, I think that it looks great. With the beach in the background you can totally pull of white and make it look gorgeous!

Brooke, we bought the insurance. It just lets me sleep easy at night. This summer we went to Cozumel and the week before it looked like they were going to get hit by a hurricane. I didn't stress at all since I had the insurance and so I've been a travel insurance girl ever since. I think its all personal preference. Its one less thing for me to get worried about.

Hi Ladies - one thing to be aware of on the travel insurance and weather issues: When I looked into it - and I looked at just about every possible type of travel insurance you could get - it only covers weather related issues in the event that airports or your hotel is CLOSED. Meaning you can't get there. If you can get there, you are expected to go, and the insurance won't kick in.

I had 2 travel agents look into this - no insurance will cover YOUR decision not to travel because of the risk of bad weather. So, it's not a back up plan unless the resort or the hotel closes.

I hope that makes sense. It doesn't mean it's not worth it, but I just want you to know what it all really means.