Photo

Picking a date - holiday weekend? Help!?!?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pyxystyx

pyxystyx
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

Hi everyone!

So, I've been trying to narrow down a date for quite some time. Since my FI and I have decided on a location and a resort, we only need to pick a day to get the planning going.

We decided on sometime in spring/summer, since we're having a beach ceremony and want it to be nice and warm outside. (Both of us just hate anything under 72 degrees)

I was originally narrowing down to summer, because by then both the FI and I will be done with school. (Him in his master's, me in undergrad) But everyone keeps telling me that summer is bad timing, complaining about the heat and hurricane season. (Which I am a little worried about...)

So, NOW, I was thinking more about springtime... and I realized that 2-14 falls on a Saturday next year! I've been hearing that now (Febuary) is the perfect time to be in Cancun.

But I'm worried that on a holiday weekend, not as many people will want to go, and/or things at the resort might be priced higher. Do the AI's tend to do that? Has anyone else here had their DW on a holiday weekend? Been to a wedding on a holiday/holiday weekend? Help!
    The Future Mrs. Castro

#2 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
    • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:52 PM

I've heard mixed reviews on having a wedding on a holiday weekend. But the weekends, I've heard about are all long weekends...when people may have other plans for the extended weekend.

My DH and I did attend a wedding on Valentine's day weekend back in 04, I think and it was really lovely. The couple didn't have any problems with guests not coming.

I'm not sure about the prices going up 2/14, that is probably the case in the US (I would imagine). maybe you could give the resort a couple of days you would like and ask them for pricing for each...that way you'd know for sure if you would pay more to get married on V-day. Also, you might want to see if the date is avaiable, before you get too excited. V-day is a big day for weddings. Good luck to you!!
      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#3 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:59 PM

Hm I think theres a thread on this topic that might help you.... but i dunno how to search --> can someone help??

#4 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
        • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

here's the link to the other thread...

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1637
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#5 pyxystyx

pyxystyx
          • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

Thank you so much ladies! That link to the other thread was particularly helpful.
            The Future Mrs. Castro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter