Photo

SITE VISIT REVIEW, dreams cancun [pics]

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#11 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:18 AM

Great review and great pics! I'm glad you were able to have such as successful site visit! Dreams Cancun looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#12 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:40 AM

Nice review! We were down at the Paradisus the same weekend. We probably would have crossed paths, except that we cancelled our meeting with the WC at Dreams Cancun because they told us that the evening slot on our preferred days were all taken. Somehow getting married at noon in August in Cancun didn't seem like what we wanted to do.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#13 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:47 AM

I'm so glad you had a good time!

Isn't everyone there wonderful! It's brings back so many memories seeing your pictures!

What was the red carpet near the gazebo? Is that something permanently there now, or was that for a wedding?

#14 JennyK

JennyK
      • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

those are great pics!!

#15 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:44 AM

great review, it looks so beautiful there

#16 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
          • 5,681 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

Thanks for posting your review and the pictures!

#17 Leia78

Leia78
            • VIP Member
            • 2,459 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the great review and awsome pics of Dreams Cancun! Shoot...I want to go there now!!!

#18 tlomlad

tlomlad
              • Banned
              • 1,949 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kristi
                wow! it's so beautiful! Thanks so much for all the info and pics! I'm so excited! Did the terrece look like the best place to have the reception?
                kristi... i my personal opinion, YES. the other possible reception sites are the garden, beach, indoor terrance, and outdoor terrance. THe garden is the area between the gazebo and the private tower pool. The only beach reception is held on the private tower beach [they used to have receptions on the main beach but ever since Hitmisu, the japanesse resturatant, went up they stop holding them there]. Apparently, they also used to have receptions in the SPA but that became an issue with guests entering the 'private rooms for massages', lol. Also, setup was difficult and was ruining the spa experience for non-wedding memebers since setup usually started around 6/7 and the spa didnt close till 8. That could however, be something that you and Claudia discuss and see what you can do.

reasons why we picked the terrance-
                1. the natural elements during dinner
                2. there is an actually bar in the lobby
                --> not sure if a bar would be set-up on location or if wait staff would get
                drinks we wanted our guests to have the option to get it themselves
                3. we are doing one long table... 35/40 guests.... saw pictures of these in
                terrace and really liked it/
                4. heels & such in grass or sand...

** one thing that might be negative about the terrance... it is afterall a lobby for the hotel. so there is foot traffic during your wedding. That is how i was able to capture some pics of the other wedding, i personally wouldnt mind it much, as long as people were respectful but thats something that should be taken into consideration

hope this helps!

#19 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

in regards to the lobby during your wedding, I honestly didn't even notice anyone going through, there may have been a few people, most people are respectful of your wedding, but that bar in the lobby is not really somewhere that people hang out, so you will find that its pretty quiet.

#20 LadyP

LadyP
                  • 3,156 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:39 PM

GLAD you had a wonderful time. Looks excellent, your guest will have a ball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter