Photo

Back from Cancun Site Inspections - Reviews Attached

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 ceciliac78

ceciliac78
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:28 AM

Hi, everyone, can someone send me the attachment so that I can view it as well? My email is cc7894@yahoo.com.

Thanks a million.

#42 ccarmany23

ccarmany23
    • 138 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

Opice..or anyone...how much was it to rent a car in Mexico? Did you just need passport and credit card and get one at airport? I'm trying to decide whether to take the bus to site visits or to rent a car...but I am likely looking at hotels down in Tulum also so may be worth it??

#43 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the post!
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#44 Opice34

Opice34
        • 414 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:22 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ccarmany23
          Opice..or anyone...how much was it to rent a car in Mexico? Did you just need passport and credit card and get one at airport? I'm trying to decide whether to take the bus to site visits or to rent a car...but I am likely looking at hotels down in Tulum also so may be worth it??
          I don't remember exactly how much it was, but you can get a quote online. We booked the car online through expedia. I have never taken the bus, but renting a car is much cheaper than cabbing it! We rented through Dollar and when you pick up the car they run your credit card for a BLANK AMOUNT, make you sign the receipt, and tell you that if the car comes back damaged, they will fill in the amount. Needless to say, we were a bit concerned about that, but didn't have an option. We'd try another car company next time, but from what I understand, that practice is pretty standard.

Good luck!

#45 Cali

Cali
          • 281 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for posting!

#46 riviera

riviera
            • 108 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:19 PM

Thank you so much for this! I just started planning for December 2008 wedding, and I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate this!

Thanks again, and congratulations on picking the site!
              http://i305.photobuc....tled-1copy.jpg
              Cancun beach at Le Meridien~*

#47 kelcrooks

kelcrooks
              • 88 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for posting! I am definitely leaning towards the Hilton. Although funny thing...the WC just sent me a proposal and it was for November 14th! One day before the date you have listed.

#48 LadyN

LadyN
                • 63 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Opice34
                  I'm still pretty new here, but I have gotten so much help from everyone and I'd like to return the favor! I just returned from a site inspection trip in Cancun. I have attached the questionnaire we used when meeting with the Wedding Coordinators, and also a quick pro/con list of each site. (See tab 2 in the document.)

We were searching for a location that could accomodate a wedding for 100 people. We also wanted something that would be easy for our guests to get to, and a place where they would feel comfortable.

We ended up touring the Hyatt Cancun Caribe, Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort, Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Casa Magna Marriott, JW Marriott, and Le Meridien Cancun Resort & Spa.

We were probably looking for different things than most people (for example, we're planning to get married during football season, and with many football fans in attendance, a sports bar was imperative to us). I'm guessing most people wouldn't care about that. :)

So, our review may not apply at all for what you're looking for, but I know a lot of people don't get the chance for a site visit, so I thought I'd post this just in case it helps someone.

Overall, even if you don't get a site visit, I think you'll be fine wherever you go. They have truly made a business out of this, and while we liked some resorts more than others, I think we'd be fine anywhere. It really just depends on what you're looking for.

I have pictures of each place as well and I will try to post them in this thread this evening.

If you have any other questions about the sites we visited, just let me know! We asked a million questions!
                  Thank you SO much for posting this Thread and attaching your review. I have taken a TON of notes based on what you and the rest of the gals had to say about the hotels. Super important points...especially about the beach!

#49 Gen Snipes

Gen Snipes
                  • 153 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

thanks much for posting this!!!

#50 Chicagogirl

Chicagogirl
                    • 51 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for posting this!!! Its great...

I am a little nervous to rent a car, but does everyone agree this might be the best option to do our site visits?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter