Related Forum Threads
How To Choose Your Wedding Photographer Tips
Edited on 1/9/12
- What is a LUXE Designed Wedding?Edited on 11/16/11
- Mayan Riviera Resort Fees For PhotographersEdited on 6/25/11
- Dressing Room Tips
Alphabetical Article List
Simplify Your Destination Wedding with the Services of Travel Agents and Wedding Coordinators
Planning your wedding can be stressful, but getting married shouldn’t be.
Get Help with Tying the Knot
When the to-do list barometer starts to rise, keep these two invaluable resources in mind:
(1) Use a travel agent to handle all your flight, hotel, and resort accommodations, including group discounted rates.
(2) Hire a wedding coordinator to take care of all on-the-ground details, vendor contracting, and resort and miscellaneous schedules.
Let them dial back anxiety and restore your sanity with their know-how and contacts!
Deal hunting for flights and accommodations can involve late nights of surfing websites and sifting through hundreds of special-offer emails. Like a hall of mirrors, ads can distort or misrepresent the facts. Sometimes a super sweet deal for a six-night stay at a user-friendly oasis is actually a predatory scam in a rundown ruin.
Fortunately, our community is here to vet anything too good to be true and share their own success or cautionary tales. Better yet, cut down on your inbox clutter and give yourself the gift of peace of mind by hiring a travel agent to do the dirty work for you!
Go to the BDW Vendor Review tab under Wedding Coordinators & Travel Agents to research honest reviews from our own destination brides. There, you can learn about trusted agents who have helped literally thousands of brides and grooms plan the wedding or honeymoon of their dreams. Your agent can book the travel and resort accommodations to craft a destination wedding experience as unique and special as your forthcoming marriage.
Wedding coordinators have years of experience, professional networks based on trust and follow-through, and the know-how to get you out of trouble. They have the inside scoop on booking the perfect morning of pampering with your bridesmaids or selecting an exhilarating but well-traveled hike and waterfall swim for your party’s groomsmen.
Wedding Coordinator services vary, but can include help with table toppers, coordinating with photographers, ceremony set up, and décor. Our member reviews of their coordinators continue to help new members find the vendor that matches their dream wedding!
Some vendors offer the full-service treatment, which combine the booking savvy of a world-class travel agent and the vetted experience and network of a wedding coordinator. It's up to you to find the right vendor, so gather your questions and visions and be proactive.
A Little Help From Your Friends
Using the services of a travel agent or wedding coordinator will save you energy and time that you can devote to those details that require your personal touch, like choosing the most flattering dress, getting in shape for the Big Day, and selecting charity recipients or gift items for your wedding registry.
You’ll also spare your best friend or beloved family member from being at the receiving end of any Bridezilla slipups. It happens to the best of us, but remember to conduct yourself with professionalism and courteous as you would with any other vendor or service provider. Yours will be a business relationship, paying them, so make sure to read your contract or service agreement ahead of time to avoid any surprises.
Stay the Smiling Bride to Be with Resources Galore
BestDestinationWeddings.com has invaluable resources available to help you organize, prioritize, and make your destination wedding dreams a reality. Read our 12-Month Countdown Checklist, fancy a voyage on the high seas with a Cruise Wedding, or browse vendor reviews written by our community members here and here. Visit our Wiki section to search through helpful articles and locales, including the hot Caribbean destination of Jamaica, or add your own.
BestDestinationWedding.com is a treasure chest of information and enthusiastic and passionate community. There’s something for every bride or groom to-be, from general guidelines to keep in mind when choosing a destination wedding resort to how to save money on your wedding cake!
If you've benefited from the services of a travel agent or wedding coordinator, please write about and rate your experience in BDW's Vendor Reviews. Help brides-to-be and find the right fit for your next vacation or anniversary!
- What is a LUXE Designed Wedding?
- › Dreams Cabo brides past, present, and future please help 17 minutes ago
- › Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides? 19 minutes ago
- › MY WEDDING RECAPS AT SUNSET BEACH RESORT AND SPA!!!!!! 35 minutes ago
- › Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread) 47 minutes ago
- › Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe 53 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread 58 minutes ago
- › 2013 Paradisus Palma Real 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › May 2014 Brides & Past Bride advice 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › 2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Del Sol Photography by Mikeycelle
- › HDC Photo- Huellas del Caribe by Laura1220
- › Weddings in Playa - Playa del Carmen, Mexico by Sophia2616
- › Ocean Photo Studio by Sara Partch
- › Katya Nova Photography by StephanieT
- › Caribbean Emotions Photography - Dominican Republic by Chrissy1184
- › Wright Travel Agency - Destination Wedding and Honeymoon Specialists by LanaNJohnson
- › Disco Movil DJs by B and L
- › Moments That Matter Photography by MrsMcNeill2B
- › Adventure Weddings Las Caletas by AmyandKelly
- › My Top Wedding Songs by alyssaw
- › What is a Wedding Site Planning? by Yazmin De La Mora
- › Natalie and Tarick Get Married at Jolly Beach... by alexisinjamaica
- › It's a Toss Up! by alyssaw
- › Beach Ceremony Set Up! by Yazmin De La Mora
- › Planning a Villa Wedding in Mexico by monicas
- › The Hidden Secrets of a Destination Wedding,... by GauchoSteph
- › How to have a good make-up for your wedding... by WBA Weddings
- › Andrea and David Get Married at Cinnamon... by alexisinjamaica
- › Spring Wedding Trend: Ombre by alexisinjamaica